Tom Smart, Deseret News
I agree whole-heartedly with Elaine Babcock's letter ("Williams deserved better" Readers' Forum, Jan. 21). It is embarrassing that Utah Jazz fans booed Deron Williams during his first game back.
Conversely, I am impressed with fans at the recent University of Utah vs. Utah State University gymnastics meet. Fans cheered for everyone regardless of which team they represented. Notwithstanding the fact that gymnasts accomplish outstanding physical feats, and it would be a shame to boo any of them; fans of any sport should follow suit and treat opponents with civility. Williams especially deserves respect for his valuable playmaking with the Jazz throughout six seasons.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19