Tom Smart, Deseret News
I agree whole-heartedly with Elaine Babcock's letter ("Williams deserved better" Readers' Forum, Jan. 21). It is embarrassing that Utah Jazz fans booed Deron Williams during his first game back.
Conversely, I am impressed with fans at the recent University of Utah vs. Utah State University gymnastics meet. Fans cheered for everyone regardless of which team they represented. Notwithstanding the fact that gymnasts accomplish outstanding physical feats, and it would be a shame to boo any of them; fans of any sport should follow suit and treat opponents with civility. Williams especially deserves respect for his valuable playmaking with the Jazz throughout six seasons.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25