Tom Smart, Deseret News
I agree whole-heartedly with Elaine Babcock's letter ("Williams deserved better" Readers' Forum, Jan. 21). It is embarrassing that Utah Jazz fans booed Deron Williams during his first game back.
Conversely, I am impressed with fans at the recent University of Utah vs. Utah State University gymnastics meet. Fans cheered for everyone regardless of which team they represented. Notwithstanding the fact that gymnasts accomplish outstanding physical feats, and it would be a shame to boo any of them; fans of any sport should follow suit and treat opponents with civility. Williams especially deserves respect for his valuable playmaking with the Jazz throughout six seasons.
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- Lois M. Collins: Ukraine hoax fuels anger,...
- Letter: Science consensus is slow, methodical
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Letter: The rest of the highway bullying story
- Letter to readers: Deseret News provides...
- Letter: Right and wrong 72
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 65
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 63
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 43
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 43
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 39
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28