Tom Smart, Deseret News
I agree whole-heartedly with Elaine Babcock's letter ("Williams deserved better" Readers' Forum, Jan. 21). It is embarrassing that Utah Jazz fans booed Deron Williams during his first game back.
Conversely, I am impressed with fans at the recent University of Utah vs. Utah State University gymnastics meet. Fans cheered for everyone regardless of which team they represented. Notwithstanding the fact that gymnasts accomplish outstanding physical feats, and it would be a shame to boo any of them; fans of any sport should follow suit and treat opponents with civility. Williams especially deserves respect for his valuable playmaking with the Jazz throughout six seasons.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- President should not act without...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 64
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 38
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 24
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- President should not act without... 21