GUARDS: Devin Harris was aggressive in going after Jimmer Fredette, and he played a fairly solid game. He finished with nine points and six rebounds. Raja Bell only played 11 minutes before suffering a groin injury in the second quarter. Sacramento's Tyreke Evans torched anyone who tried to guard him, and finished with 31 points.
FORWARDS: What's this, an off game from Paul Millsap? He only had six points, but still contributed with 14 rebounds. Gordon Hayward had what might have been a breakout game, finishing with a season-high 21 points. The Jazz struggled with Jason Thompson in the first half, but adjusted and quieted him in the second half. John Salmons was a non-factor.
CENTERS: It was a somewhat quiet night for Al Jefferson, who finished with 12 points and six rebounds. On the other side, DeMarcus Cousins showed a nice shooting touch and finished with 14 points and nine rebounds. Jefferson isn't 100 percent, so he deserves some credit for not letting the young kid have too big of a night.
BENCH: No contest. The Jazz bench, led by C.J. Miles' 21 points, completely dominated the Kings' reserves. Only Isaiah Thomas scored for Sacramento. He had 13 points with all of them coming in the fourth quarter. The rest of the Kings' bench shot 0-for-12.
OVERALL: Coach Tyrone Corbin said it was a good win for the Jazz, who were playing on the second night of a back-to-back and coming off of two losses. They handled the hype of Fredette's return and stayed poised in what was an interesting atmosphere. There is no need for style points in games like this during a compressed schedule.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13