GUARDS: Devin Harris was aggressive in going after Jimmer Fredette, and he played a fairly solid game. He finished with nine points and six rebounds. Raja Bell only played 11 minutes before suffering a groin injury in the second quarter. Sacramento's Tyreke Evans torched anyone who tried to guard him, and finished with 31 points.
FORWARDS: What's this, an off game from Paul Millsap? He only had six points, but still contributed with 14 rebounds. Gordon Hayward had what might have been a breakout game, finishing with a season-high 21 points. The Jazz struggled with Jason Thompson in the first half, but adjusted and quieted him in the second half. John Salmons was a non-factor.
CENTERS: It was a somewhat quiet night for Al Jefferson, who finished with 12 points and six rebounds. On the other side, DeMarcus Cousins showed a nice shooting touch and finished with 14 points and nine rebounds. Jefferson isn't 100 percent, so he deserves some credit for not letting the young kid have too big of a night.
BENCH: No contest. The Jazz bench, led by C.J. Miles' 21 points, completely dominated the Kings' reserves. Only Isaiah Thomas scored for Sacramento. He had 13 points with all of them coming in the fourth quarter. The rest of the Kings' bench shot 0-for-12.
OVERALL: Coach Tyrone Corbin said it was a good win for the Jazz, who were playing on the second night of a back-to-back and coming off of two losses. They handled the hype of Fredette's return and stayed poised in what was an interesting atmosphere. There is no need for style points in games like this during a compressed schedule.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 56
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37