GUARDS: Devin Harris was aggressive in going after Jimmer Fredette, and he played a fairly solid game. He finished with nine points and six rebounds. Raja Bell only played 11 minutes before suffering a groin injury in the second quarter. Sacramento's Tyreke Evans torched anyone who tried to guard him, and finished with 31 points.
FORWARDS: What's this, an off game from Paul Millsap? He only had six points, but still contributed with 14 rebounds. Gordon Hayward had what might have been a breakout game, finishing with a season-high 21 points. The Jazz struggled with Jason Thompson in the first half, but adjusted and quieted him in the second half. John Salmons was a non-factor.
CENTERS: It was a somewhat quiet night for Al Jefferson, who finished with 12 points and six rebounds. On the other side, DeMarcus Cousins showed a nice shooting touch and finished with 14 points and nine rebounds. Jefferson isn't 100 percent, so he deserves some credit for not letting the young kid have too big of a night.
BENCH: No contest. The Jazz bench, led by C.J. Miles' 21 points, completely dominated the Kings' reserves. Only Isaiah Thomas scored for Sacramento. He had 13 points with all of them coming in the fourth quarter. The rest of the Kings' bench shot 0-for-12.
OVERALL: Coach Tyrone Corbin said it was a good win for the Jazz, who were playing on the second night of a back-to-back and coming off of two losses. They handled the hype of Fredette's return and stayed poised in what was an interesting atmosphere. There is no need for style points in games like this during a compressed schedule.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34