PHILADELPHIA — Andre Iguodala recorded the eighth triple-double of his career with 10 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds, and the Philadelphia 76ers won their second straight game with a 95-74 victory over the struggling Detroit Pistons on Saturday night.
Iguodala, who turned 28 on Saturday, received a nice ovation from the crowd when he secured his triple-double with a defensive rebound with 7:34 remaining.
Lou Williams scored 17 points, Elton Brand added 14 and Jrue Holiday had 13 for the Sixers, who improved to 14-6 and 10-2 at home.
The Pistons received a boost with the return of forward Tayshaun Prince, who had missed the previous two games tending to a family matter. Prince only scored six points, however.
WIZARDS 102, BOBCATS 99: At Charlotte, N.C., JaVale McGee scored 22 points and had 10 rebounds as the Washington Wizards defeated the Charlotte Bobcats for the second time in a week. The matchup between two teams tied for the fewest wins in the NBA came down to the final shot, but Matt Carroll's 3-point attempt at the buzzer fell short. McGee had a chance to seal the game with less than 6 seconds to go, but missed two foul shots.
But that was about all McGee didn't do right, as shot 9 of 14 from the field. Like many others this season, McGee exposed Charlotte's poor interior defense, using an effective hook shot in the lane.
Kemba Walker became the third Bobcats player to register a triple-double, recording 20 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists.
ROCKETS 97, KNICKS 84: At Houston, Chase Budinger scored 19 points, Samuel Dalembert grabbed 14 rebounds and the Houston Rockets won for their ninth win in 10 games. Jordan Hill had 14 points and 11 rebounds, Courtney Lee scored 14 points in place of the injured Kevin Martin, and the Rockets shot 49 percent (38 of 77) to improve to 9-2 at home this season.
BUCKS 100, LAKERS 89: At Milwaukee, Drew Gooden scored 23 points and the undermanned Milwaukee Bucks made sure the Lakers' road struggles continued. Kobe Bryant scored 27 for the Lakers, who are 1-7 on the road this season.
SUNS 86, GRIZZLIES 84: At Phoenix, Jared Dudley made two free throws with 3.3 seconds remaining to lift the Phoenix Suns. Dudley finished with a season-high 20 points. The Grizzlies had a chance to win but Conley, coming off a screen by Gasol at the top right of the arc, missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 133
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18