HONOLULU — Despite making his first trip to Hawaii, it's been a bittersweet and exhausting week for Seattle Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson.
Robinson arrived in the islands Tuesday only to fly out after the next day's Pro Bowl practice to speak at the memorial services of his college coach, Joe Paterno. He then returned to Honolulu on Friday night on Nike founder and CEO Phil Knight's jet.
"Besides my religion and my mom, coach Paterno is the reason I'm here," Robinson said after practice Saturday.
The legendary Penn State coach died Sunday of lung cancer at 85. His service Thursday drew some 12,000 people to the Penn State arena.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14