HONOLULU — Despite making his first trip to Hawaii, it's been a bittersweet and exhausting week for Seattle Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson.
Robinson arrived in the islands Tuesday only to fly out after the next day's Pro Bowl practice to speak at the memorial services of his college coach, Joe Paterno. He then returned to Honolulu on Friday night on Nike founder and CEO Phil Knight's jet.
"Besides my religion and my mom, coach Paterno is the reason I'm here," Robinson said after practice Saturday.
The legendary Penn State coach died Sunday of lung cancer at 85. His service Thursday drew some 12,000 people to the Penn State arena.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26