Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lazeric Jones had 17 points and nine assists to help UCLA beat Colorado 77-60 Saturday, dropping the Buffaloes out of a first-place tie in the Pac-12.
Travis Wear added 14 points, and Tyler Lamb had 13 points and David Wear 11 for the Bruins (12-9, 5-4), who improved to 4-0 in league play at their temporary home in the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Jerime Anderson had eight of UCLA's 26 assists, their highest total in nearly four years.
Askia Booker scored 13 points and Andre Roberson had 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Buffs (14-7, 6-3), whose three-game winning streak ended as they fell out of a four-way tie for first in their inaugural season in the Pac-12. Roberson's 13th double-double of the season leads the league.
The Buffs have lost three of four Pac-12 games away from their high-altitude home in Boulder.
It was the Bruins' second straight blowout victory, having beaten Utah 76-49 on Thursday.
UCLA pulled away to start the second half, when the Bruins shot 61 percent and the Buffs dropped to 35 percent. The Bruins used a 21-10 run to take a 61-46 lead. The Buffs got no closer than three points early in the half.
Colorado's Carlon Brown was held to six points — well under his average of 13.4 — with Lamb guarding him.
UCLA shot 69 percent from 3-point range and had 10 steals.
Colorado took a 15-9 lead to open the game, including three 3-pointers.
The Bruins responded with a 17-1 run that featured balanced scoring and three 3-pointers in producing a 26-16 lead.
The Buffs rebounded with a 20-14 spurt to retake the lead by two before Lamb and Powell hit consecutive 3-pointers in the final 50 seconds that sent UCLA into halftime leading 40-36.
The attendance of 9,253 was the Bruins' largest at the Sports Arena, where they're playing while Pauley Pavilion undergoes a major renovation.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Deseret News to live stream Utah high school...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 100
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 31
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 15
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 14
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12