Phil Sandlin, Associated Press
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Bradley Beal scored 19 points, Patric Young made several crowd-rousing plays and No. 14 Florida beat No. 18 Mississippi State 69-57 Saturday, extending its home winning streak to 17 games.
The Gators (17-4, 5-1 Southeastern Conference) used an 11-0 run in the second half — sparked by Beal's third 3-pointer and highlighted by Young's two dunks — to turn a tight game into a double-digit affair.
Mississippi State (17-5, 4-3) trailed 62-47 after the spurt and never got the lead to single digits. The Gators made enough plays down the stretch to secure their second win in six games against the Bulldogs.
Young, still battling tendinitis in his right ankle, finished with 12 points and six rebounds. Erik Murphy added 14 points thanks mostly to 4-of-7 shooting from 3-point range.
Arnett Moultrie led Mississippi State with 12 points and 13 rebounds, notching his league-leading 13th double-double of the season. Moultrie fouled out with 2:04 remaining.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34