Associated Press — Just how rich is Mitt Romney?
Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number.
Now you're in Romney territory.
He would be among the richest presidents in American history if elected — probably in the top four.
He couldn't top George Washington who, with nearly 60,000 acres and more than 300 slaves, is considered the big daddy of presidential wealth.
After that, it gets complicated, depending how you rate Thomas Jefferson's plantation, Herbert Hoover's millions from mining or John F. Kennedy's share of the vast family fortune, as well as the finer points of factors like inflation adjustment.
But it's safe to say the Roosevelts had nothing on Romney, and the Bushes are nowhere close.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at Sharia...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 108
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 104
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 66
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Obama administration will allow green... 17