Utah Jazz fall in Big D while big names sit
Utah can't capitalize on Dallas injuries, fall apart in 4th quarter
Corbin wonders what might've happened had that game-tying attempt gone down late in the third, but he wasn't overly disappointed with his team's effort.
"I thought we played hard," he said. "You've got to give them credit. They made the shots when they needed to and we didn't."
The outing spoiled a career-best 12-point effort from Kanter, who also had seven rebounds in a solid outing.
"I'm sad because we lost the game," the Turkish rookie said. "I just go out there and try to do my job, try to help my teammates and just try to do what the coach tells me to do."
The outcome put the Jazz in a predicament that places even more importance on Saturday night's Jimmermania game — and not because of the BYU star.
Utah needs to get some more wins on their record before the schedule becomes brutal in road-heavy February and March.
"It's just a big game," Bell said. "We need to be ready to go. We need to take care of our business at home."
The Jazz are expecting a raucous crowd that will be pumped up and divided between the home team and the visiting local hero who's making his NBA debut in Utah.
"I expect it will be pretty crazy," Bell said. "That's basically his hometown."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34