MIAMI — LeBron James scored 31 points, Dwyane Wade scored 28 in his return from a sprained right ankle, and the Miami Heat beat the 3-point-obsessed New York Knicks 99-89 on Friday night.
Chris Bosh scored 13 points and James finished with eight rebounds and seven assists for Miami.
Bill Walker scored 21 points for New York, which took 43 shots from 3-point range, the most in the NBA this season and a total that had the Knicks flirting with Dallas' NBA record of 49 set in 1996. The Knicks connected on 18 from beyond the arc, Walker making seven of them. New York tried more 3's than 2-point shots (41).
HAWKS 107, PISTONS 101 (OT): At Auburn Hills, Mich., Joe Johnson scored 28 of his 30 points after halftime, including a tying 3-pointer with 1.9 seconds left in regulation. Atlanta forced overtime with a pair of late 3-pointers. Marvin Williams made one with 33.5 seconds left in the fourth quarter to cut the lead to three, then Johnson stole a pass inside and brought the ball up the court. Johnson looked like as if might have hurt himself, but he kept the ball and sank a tough 3-pointer over Rodney Stuckey to tie it.
BULLS 107, BUCKS 100: At Chicago, Derrick Rose scored a season-high 34 points to lead the Bulls to a win over the Bucks. Rose outdueled Milwaukee counterpart Brandon Jennings, hitting 14 of 24 from the floor and scoring 18 of his points in the second half.
TIMBERWOLVES 87, SPURS 79: At Minneapolis, Ricky Rubio scored nine of his 18 points in the fourth quarter and dished out 10 assists to lift the Timberwolves.
CELTICS 94, PACERS 87: At Boston, Paul Pierce scored 17 of his 28 points in the third quarter, hitting a 3-pointer and two more baskets as the Celtics ran off 11 consecutive points to pull away.
NETS 99, CAVALIERS 96: At Cleveland, Deron Williams scored 27 points and the New Jersey Nets won consecutive games for the first time this season.
76ERS 89, BOBCATS 72: At Philadelphia, Lou Williams scored 17 points and Jrue Holiday had 15 to help the 76ers.
ROCKETS 103, WIZARDS 76: At Houston, Chase Budinger scored a season-high 21 points and Luis Scola added 19 points to help the Rockets.
HORNETS 93, MAGIC 67: At New Orleans, Carl Landry scored 17 points and the New Orleans Hornets snapped a nine-game losing streak.
NUGGETS 96, RAPTORS 81: At Denver, Rudy Fernandez scored a season-high 23 in his return from a sore Achilles.
TRAIL BLAZERS 109, SUNS 71: At Portland, Ore., LaMarcus Aldridge had 23 points and seven rebounds in Portland's blowout win.
THUNDER 120, WARRIORS 109: At Oakland, Calif., Kevin Durant had 37 points and 14 rebounds, Russell Westbrook dazzled with 28 points and 11 assists.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 100
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 37
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 31