Text of letter sent to Roy High parents by principal about alleged plot:
Dear Royal Parents,
On January 25th, contact was made with the Roy High Administration that led to concerns that two students from Roy High were involved in making plans and taking steps to harm students and faculty at Roy High.
The information was provided to law enforcement for evaluation and an investigation was initiated. Two individuals were detained and arrested based on the information received and additional information discovered in the preliminary phase of the investigation.
Immediate action was taken to secure Roy High School and clear it of any potential threats. With assistance from the Weber County Bomb Disposal Unit, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and K-9 Units from around Northern Utah with certification in the identification of bombs and explosives. No items were discovered and Roy High is in session as normal.
If your student has any information that you feel would be relevant to the situation please contact Roy High School Administration. We appreciate your support in regards to this unfortunate incident. We are confident that Roy High School is a safe, great school.
Principal Roy High School
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12