— Neil Young, star, and Jonathan Demme, director of the concert film "Neil Young Journeys," which played at the rival Slamdance Film Festival:
Young: "You could make a movie about where the billion dollars went. A billion dollars is not enough, actually. We need more. That would be too low of a budget to really do a good job on that one. You need the Apple fortune. You need $76 billion to do that movie. That's how we feel about it. Jonathan and I could do that movie for $76 billion. The Apple fortune. We could make our movie about how to spend the Apple fortune to make the world better."
— Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim, writers, directors and stars of "Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie":
Heidecker: "Wow. I think we'd give most of it to charity. That's probably the right thing to do. Because there's nothing you could do with a billion that you can't do with a million."
Wareheim, speaking after Heidecker whispers instructions to give an altruistic answer: "If Tim and I got a billion dollars, we'd donate 99 percent to charity."
Wareheim, speaking after Heidecker is asked to cover his ears: "I would take that money and move down to Cabo, drink some Gran tequila, get on a jet ski, get a bunch of women, a whole harem, and have a blast of a life."
AP Entertainment Writers Ryan Pearson and Sandy Cohen contributed to this report.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- 1 child dead in Idaho elementary school bus...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 103
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 27
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23