Requiring an ID would cleanse a soiled American voting system
Let's not hear liberals' scratched record about how mandating a photo ID for voters is step one on the road to lynching. If true, then demanding a photo ID at America's airports would make the TSA equivalent to the KKK. Liberals' oft-cited claim that blacks are too befuddled to possess or acquire photo ID is pure racial profiling. Just how lame do they think black Americans really are?
ID cards would help cleanse America's increasingly soiled voting system. Photo IDs also would allow dead people to rest in peace rather than rush to the polls every Election Day.
Deroy Murdock is a columnist with Scripps Howard News Service and a media fellow with Stanford University's Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace. Email: Deroy.Murdock@gmail.com.
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- In our opinion: On matters of panhandling or...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Will Putin's gamble...
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Letter: Putin's invasion
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 36
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 34
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Private political parties 24