Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
It's not about which Republican candidate will debate President Obama the best. The much bigger picture is which candidate has the best background to get our country jump started toward economic recovery. In more than three years' time, President Obama was not able to rally Congress to even nibble off his Democratic plate. The hunger fast can't continue.
Gingrich forewarns all famished politicians that his faultless vegan menu will replace all other meal choices in the chamber. Congress will remain ravenous, rather than be force fed in such a condescending manner.
Mitt Romney has the political acumen to unite a divided congress, as well as the financial skills to move us toward economic recovery. We should be hailing his personal success beyond the status quo, not decrying it at every turn. America needs Romney's unique leadership because right now, most of us don't enjoy the plate of hope that America used to dish up better than any other country.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28