Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
It's not about which Republican candidate will debate President Obama the best. The much bigger picture is which candidate has the best background to get our country jump started toward economic recovery. In more than three years' time, President Obama was not able to rally Congress to even nibble off his Democratic plate. The hunger fast can't continue.
Gingrich forewarns all famished politicians that his faultless vegan menu will replace all other meal choices in the chamber. Congress will remain ravenous, rather than be force fed in such a condescending manner.
Mitt Romney has the political acumen to unite a divided congress, as well as the financial skills to move us toward economic recovery. We should be hailing his personal success beyond the status quo, not decrying it at every turn. America needs Romney's unique leadership because right now, most of us don't enjoy the plate of hope that America used to dish up better than any other country.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18