Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
It's not about which Republican candidate will debate President Obama the best. The much bigger picture is which candidate has the best background to get our country jump started toward economic recovery. In more than three years' time, President Obama was not able to rally Congress to even nibble off his Democratic plate. The hunger fast can't continue.
Gingrich forewarns all famished politicians that his faultless vegan menu will replace all other meal choices in the chamber. Congress will remain ravenous, rather than be force fed in such a condescending manner.
Mitt Romney has the political acumen to unite a divided congress, as well as the financial skills to move us toward economic recovery. We should be hailing his personal success beyond the status quo, not decrying it at every turn. America needs Romney's unique leadership because right now, most of us don't enjoy the plate of hope that America used to dish up better than any other country.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18