Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
It's not about which Republican candidate will debate President Obama the best. The much bigger picture is which candidate has the best background to get our country jump started toward economic recovery. In more than three years' time, President Obama was not able to rally Congress to even nibble off his Democratic plate. The hunger fast can't continue.
Gingrich forewarns all famished politicians that his faultless vegan menu will replace all other meal choices in the chamber. Congress will remain ravenous, rather than be force fed in such a condescending manner.
Mitt Romney has the political acumen to unite a divided congress, as well as the financial skills to move us toward economic recovery. We should be hailing his personal success beyond the status quo, not decrying it at every turn. America needs Romney's unique leadership because right now, most of us don't enjoy the plate of hope that America used to dish up better than any other country.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 76
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 19