Tom Smart, Deseret News
Guards: The game started so well for Devin Harris and Raja Bell. Harris had 12 of his 24 points and six of his 11 assists, and Raja Bell had eight of his 11 points in the first period. But it went downhill from there, as Harris mised four free throws in the second overtime and Bell didn't score after the third quarter. Neither guy made a difference-making play down the stretch.
Forwards: Paul Millsap continues to build an All-Star resume. He carried the Jazz with 31 points, 11 rebounds and a 3-pointer that forced the second overtime. Gordon Hayward simply can't buy a bucket right now. He was 1-for-9 overall, and 0-for-5 from 3-point range with three airballs. Hayward usually finds other ways to contribute when he isn't shooting well, but not so much on this night.
Centers: Derrick Favors was thrust into the starting lineup when Al Jefferson had to sit out with an inflamed ankle. In his fourth start of the season, he recorded his first double-double of the year with 16 points and 12 rebounds. He did OK, but he only scored three points from the fourth quarter on.
Bench: Utah's reserves have been one of the team's strengths so far this season. But not on Wednesday as they were severely outclassed by Toronto's bench. Linas Kleiza outscored the Jazz bench by himself, as he had a season-high 25 points. The Jazz bench committed eight turnovers and shot 9-for-25.
Coaching: It wasn't Tyrone Corbin's night either. The Jazz should have called a timeout when the game was tied 90-90 late in the fourth quarter instead of letting the clock run down and getting a poor look. Dwane Casey having the Raptors switch to a zone defense was the best adjustment in the game.
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28