STILLWATER, Okla. — Freshman swingman Le'Bryan Nash scored a career-high 27 points, Brian Williams added a career-best 22 and Oklahoma State knocked off No. 2 Missouri 79-72 on Wednesday night.
Nash, a McDonald's All-American, scored 13 points during a 17-4 burst that sent the Cowboys into the lead in the final 4 minutes and the Tigers (18-2, 5-2 Big 12) didn't have a response.
OSU shot a season-best 59 percent. The Cowboys had not surpassed 49 percent against an NCAA opponent all season.
NO. 4 OHIO STATE 78, PENN STATE 54: At Columbus, Ohio, Jared Sullinger had 20 points and 13 rebounds as the Buckeyes (18-3, 6-2 Big Ten) won their third in a row and fifth in six games while tuning up for Sunday's big home showdown with No. 20 Michigan.
The Nittany Lions paid tribute to Joe Paterno by wearing black bands on their jerseys.
NO. 8 DUKE 74, MARYLAND 61: At College Park, Md., Mason Plumlee scored 23 points, and the Blue Devils averted their first losing streak of the season by closing on a 28-14 run.
Ryan Kelly had 14 points and Austin Rivers contributed 10 for Duke (17-3, 5-1 Atlantic Coast Conference). The Blue Devils have dominated this rivalry of late, winning four straight and 10 of 11.
NO. 10 MICHIGAN STATE 68, MINNESOTA 52: At East Lansing, Mich., Draymond Green had 22 points, 14 rebounds and six assists to help the Spartans give coach Tom Izzo his 400th win.
The Spartans (17-4, 6-2) moved into a first-place tie in the Big Ten with their second straight win.
NO. 12 UNLV 77, BOISE STATE 72 (OT): At Boise, Mike Moser had 18 points and 21 rebounds while Chace Stanback added 15 points and Oscar Bellfield had 13 for the Runnin' Rebels (19-3, 3-1 Mountain West Conference).
NO. 15 CREIGHTON 77, DRAKE 69: At Des Moines, Iowa, Doug McDermott scored 30 points and Creighton held off Drake for its sixth straight road win.
Jahenns Manigat added 15 points for the Bluejays, who have the program's longest road winning streak in 37 years.
NO. 18 MISSISSIPPI STATE 76, LSU 71: At Starkville, Miss., Arnett Moultrie scored 28 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for his 12th double-double of the season and Mississippi State held off a late LSU charge.
NO. 23 FLORIDA STATE 75, WAKE FOREST 52: At Winston-Salem, N.C., Michael Snaer scored 18 points to lead Florida State over Wake Forest.
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon overcomes...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 66
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 64
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 24
- High school recruiting: Jackson Barton,... 20