PROVO — Dana Pike, a professor of ancient scripture, has been named the new publications director of the Brigham Young University Religious Studies Center, effective spring term 2012, according to a news release. He will replace Robert Millet, who will continue his duties as a professor of ancient scripture. Richard E. Bennett, associate dean of Religious Education, will serve as interim publications director during winter semester.
Pike has been the coordinator of BYU's Ancient Near Eastern Studies program since 2005 and is a well-established scholar in the Old Testament, ancient Israelite history and the Dead Sea Scrolls. A prolific writer and editor, he was a member of the international team of editors of the Dead Sea Scrolls project from 1994 to 2001 and associate editor of the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies from 2002 to 2007.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 65
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 6