Charles Dharapak, AP
Too much screaming at the news again today. If only I could hear just one reporter/broadcaster say "Mitt Romney paid 15 percent on his investment income in addition to the taxes he already paid on the money he invested."
Do we really want to send the message to investors that if you invest, the American people believe you should pay more? I thought we were trying to get this economy moving again. Raising the investment income tax (capital gains) sounds like a great incentive to invest in a new business, equipment for that business, employees to run the business, etc. This is not a zero sum game!
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12