Charles Dharapak, AP
Too much screaming at the news again today. If only I could hear just one reporter/broadcaster say "Mitt Romney paid 15 percent on his investment income in addition to the taxes he already paid on the money he invested."
Do we really want to send the message to investors that if you invest, the American people believe you should pay more? I thought we were trying to get this economy moving again. Raising the investment income tax (capital gains) sounds like a great incentive to invest in a new business, equipment for that business, employees to run the business, etc. This is not a zero sum game!
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: National security and... 65
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 39
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13