Charles Dharapak, AP
Too much screaming at the news again today. If only I could hear just one reporter/broadcaster say "Mitt Romney paid 15 percent on his investment income in addition to the taxes he already paid on the money he invested."
Do we really want to send the message to investors that if you invest, the American people believe you should pay more? I thought we were trying to get this economy moving again. Raising the investment income tax (capital gains) sounds like a great incentive to invest in a new business, equipment for that business, employees to run the business, etc. This is not a zero sum game!
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15