Charles Dharapak, AP
Too much screaming at the news again today. If only I could hear just one reporter/broadcaster say "Mitt Romney paid 15 percent on his investment income in addition to the taxes he already paid on the money he invested."
Do we really want to send the message to investors that if you invest, the American people believe you should pay more? I thought we were trying to get this economy moving again. Raising the investment income tax (capital gains) sounds like a great incentive to invest in a new business, equipment for that business, employees to run the business, etc. This is not a zero sum game!
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 37
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- My view: More whites should practice... 23