NEW YORK — Sergio Mendes scored an Oscar nomination for his song "Real In Rio" and he says the animated film will most likely have a sequel.
The Brazilian musician says "Rio" director Carlos Saldanha may want to tie the sequel to the 2014 World Cup, which will take place in Brazil.
Mendes says he thinks "the plan is for the movie to come three or four months before the World Cup."
Mendes believes a meeting is planned for next week. Fox didn't immediately respond to an email request seeking comment on the possibility of a sequel.
"Rio" was released last year. It's about birds adventuring to Rio de Janeiro with the voices of Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway.
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Have you seen 'Age of Ultron'? Here are 50...
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 41
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 30
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- More Americans spending at least half... 13
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces... 11
- Latest on police-custody death: 53... 9