NEW YORK — Sergio Mendes scored an Oscar nomination for his song "Real In Rio" and he says the animated film will most likely have a sequel.
The Brazilian musician says "Rio" director Carlos Saldanha may want to tie the sequel to the 2014 World Cup, which will take place in Brazil.
Mendes says he thinks "the plan is for the movie to come three or four months before the World Cup."
Mendes believes a meeting is planned for next week. Fox didn't immediately respond to an email request seeking comment on the possibility of a sequel.
"Rio" was released last year. It's about birds adventuring to Rio de Janeiro with the voices of Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway.
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Cancer patient turns big goodbye to wedding...
- Box Office: 'Hobbit' wins Christmas, 'Big...
- Heroes 2014: Meet the disruptive visionary...
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of maybes
- Q&A on what might have happened to AirAsia...
- Key developments in disappearance of AirAsia jet
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 10
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 7
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003... 7
- Jeb Bush to step down from Tenet... 5