NEW YORK — Sergio Mendes scored an Oscar nomination for his song "Real In Rio" and he says the animated film will most likely have a sequel.
The Brazilian musician says "Rio" director Carlos Saldanha may want to tie the sequel to the 2014 World Cup, which will take place in Brazil.
Mendes says he thinks "the plan is for the movie to come three or four months before the World Cup."
Mendes believes a meeting is planned for next week. Fox didn't immediately respond to an email request seeking comment on the possibility of a sequel.
"Rio" was released last year. It's about birds adventuring to Rio de Janeiro with the voices of Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 119
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15