NEW YORK — Sergio Mendes scored an Oscar nomination for his song "Real In Rio" and he says the animated film will most likely have a sequel.
The Brazilian musician says "Rio" director Carlos Saldanha may want to tie the sequel to the 2014 World Cup, which will take place in Brazil.
Mendes says he thinks "the plan is for the movie to come three or four months before the World Cup."
Mendes believes a meeting is planned for next week. Fox didn't immediately respond to an email request seeking comment on the possibility of a sequel.
"Rio" was released last year. It's about birds adventuring to Rio de Janeiro with the voices of Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway.
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsider
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service resignation...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Charging documents show Phelps DUI tied to...
- US Ebola case stokes concerns for Liberians...
- Jail ordered for Idaho man in FLDS abuse case
- More bodies found on Japanese volcano; toll...
- Saudi overhaul reshapes Islam's holiest city...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 40
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Obama seeks traction on economy amid... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service... 11
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at... 10