NEW YORK — Sergio Mendes scored an Oscar nomination for his song "Real In Rio" and he says the animated film will most likely have a sequel.
The Brazilian musician says "Rio" director Carlos Saldanha may want to tie the sequel to the 2014 World Cup, which will take place in Brazil.
Mendes says he thinks "the plan is for the movie to come three or four months before the World Cup."
Mendes believes a meeting is planned for next week. Fox didn't immediately respond to an email request seeking comment on the possibility of a sequel.
"Rio" was released last year. It's about birds adventuring to Rio de Janeiro with the voices of Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12