"Guys made the 18-footers," he said. "So I don't think that's a big concern for us that we're not shooting a high percentage. Sure, we want to get better at it, but we don't want to just jack them up there just to get going on them. If they're there, the guys will take them."
Then he added, "We're winning, so is there any correlation to that?"
When told the Jazz ranked fourth from the bottom of the league in percentage, and second-to-last in attempts, Hornacek laughed and said, "At least we're smart — we're not making them, so we're not shooting them."
Working with the Jazz shooters, Hornacek believes the Jazz have the ability to be a good 3-point shooting team.
"We have good shooters, but we don't have a Ray Allen," he said. "I think we're doing just fine. They'll make more of them as we go along. Sometimes the less you shoot, it's harder because it's like, 'Oh geez, now I got a 3.' "
Hayward agrees with that sentiment.
"We don't shoot that many as a team. So you go 0-for-2 in a game and after a few games you're 2-for-10. But I'm not that worried about it."
Neither is Corbin.
"You want to be able to make 3-pointers in a timely fashion and I think we can do that," he said. "You'd like to have a higher percentage and have the right guys taking them. But we have capable guys who haven't made them in the frequency that I think we will during the course of the year."
Utah Jazz 3-point shooting 2011-12
Raja Bell 11-31 35.5%
Devin Harris 14-45 31.1
C.J. Miles 12-40 30.0
Gordon Hayward 9-34 26.5
Alec Burks 2-8 25.0
Paul Millsap 2-9 22.2
Earl Watson 3-14 21.4
Josh Howard 2-11 18.2
NBA rankings 2011-12, 3-point percentage
1. Boston 41.1
2. Miami 40.0
3. Indiana 39.6
4. Orlando 39.5
27. Utah 28.6
28. New Orleans 27.3
29. Sacramento 26.6
30. L.A. Lakers 25.6
3-point attempts per game
1. New Jersey 25.5
2. Orlando 24.4
29. Utah 12.8
30. Memphis 11.0
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27