"Guys made the 18-footers," he said. "So I don't think that's a big concern for us that we're not shooting a high percentage. Sure, we want to get better at it, but we don't want to just jack them up there just to get going on them. If they're there, the guys will take them."
Then he added, "We're winning, so is there any correlation to that?"
When told the Jazz ranked fourth from the bottom of the league in percentage, and second-to-last in attempts, Hornacek laughed and said, "At least we're smart — we're not making them, so we're not shooting them."
Working with the Jazz shooters, Hornacek believes the Jazz have the ability to be a good 3-point shooting team.
"We have good shooters, but we don't have a Ray Allen," he said. "I think we're doing just fine. They'll make more of them as we go along. Sometimes the less you shoot, it's harder because it's like, 'Oh geez, now I got a 3.' "
Hayward agrees with that sentiment.
"We don't shoot that many as a team. So you go 0-for-2 in a game and after a few games you're 2-for-10. But I'm not that worried about it."
Neither is Corbin.
"You want to be able to make 3-pointers in a timely fashion and I think we can do that," he said. "You'd like to have a higher percentage and have the right guys taking them. But we have capable guys who haven't made them in the frequency that I think we will during the course of the year."
Utah Jazz 3-point shooting 2011-12
Raja Bell 11-31 35.5%
Devin Harris 14-45 31.1
C.J. Miles 12-40 30.0
Gordon Hayward 9-34 26.5
Alec Burks 2-8 25.0
Paul Millsap 2-9 22.2
Earl Watson 3-14 21.4
Josh Howard 2-11 18.2
NBA rankings 2011-12, 3-point percentage
1. Boston 41.1
2. Miami 40.0
3. Indiana 39.6
4. Orlando 39.5
27. Utah 28.6
28. New Orleans 27.3
29. Sacramento 26.6
30. L.A. Lakers 25.6
3-point attempts per game
1. New Jersey 25.5
2. Orlando 24.4
29. Utah 12.8
30. Memphis 11.0
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35