The refusal by many Christians to cast a vote for candidate Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon is un-American, un-Constitutional and un-Christian. I haven't decided yet which candidate will get my vote (Republican or Democrat), but I am amazed when I read of so many Christians succumbing to this kind of political prejudice and narrow-mindedness.
Although this country allows candidates espoused to any religion to run for office, the government was founded upon basic Christian principles. Refusing to vote for someone whose religious beliefs do not align with yours undermines religious freedom.
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are you a 'work martyr'?
- Ralph Becker: The path to healthy communities...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 40
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 38
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 23
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 20
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17