The refusal by many Christians to cast a vote for candidate Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon is un-American, un-Constitutional and un-Christian. I haven't decided yet which candidate will get my vote (Republican or Democrat), but I am amazed when I read of so many Christians succumbing to this kind of political prejudice and narrow-mindedness.
Although this country allows candidates espoused to any religion to run for office, the government was founded upon basic Christian principles. Refusing to vote for someone whose religious beliefs do not align with yours undermines religious freedom.
- If 'Upworthy' covered the Bible, they would...
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological...
- M. Zuhdi Jasser: The fifth commandment is...
- Jay Evensen: In predicting the future, we...
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Dan Liljenquist: Higher education reform
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Letter: Right and wrong 97
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 54
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 39
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological... 33
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: The rest of the highway... 27
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing... 26