The refusal by many Christians to cast a vote for candidate Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon is un-American, un-Constitutional and un-Christian. I haven't decided yet which candidate will get my vote (Republican or Democrat), but I am amazed when I read of so many Christians succumbing to this kind of political prejudice and narrow-mindedness.
Although this country allows candidates espoused to any religion to run for office, the government was founded upon basic Christian principles. Refusing to vote for someone whose religious beliefs do not align with yours undermines religious freedom.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19