The refusal by many Christians to cast a vote for candidate Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon is un-American, un-Constitutional and un-Christian. I haven't decided yet which candidate will get my vote (Republican or Democrat), but I am amazed when I read of so many Christians succumbing to this kind of political prejudice and narrow-mindedness.
Although this country allows candidates espoused to any religion to run for office, the government was founded upon basic Christian principles. Refusing to vote for someone whose religious beliefs do not align with yours undermines religious freedom.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 40
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32