George Romney, Mitt Romney's famous father, is best remembered for his "brainwashing" comment that derailed his presidential ambitions in 1967. The senior Romney, long a supporter of the Vietnam war effort, announced his opposition to it after realizing he'd been brainwashed by the generals. One can only hope that Mitt will experience a similar epiphany on the road to the White House regarding Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo.
Steven Earl Yorgason
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9