George Romney, Mitt Romney's famous father, is best remembered for his "brainwashing" comment that derailed his presidential ambitions in 1967. The senior Romney, long a supporter of the Vietnam war effort, announced his opposition to it after realizing he'd been brainwashed by the generals. One can only hope that Mitt will experience a similar epiphany on the road to the White House regarding Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo.
Steven Earl Yorgason
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32