George Romney, Mitt Romney's famous father, is best remembered for his "brainwashing" comment that derailed his presidential ambitions in 1967. The senior Romney, long a supporter of the Vietnam war effort, announced his opposition to it after realizing he'd been brainwashed by the generals. One can only hope that Mitt will experience a similar epiphany on the road to the White House regarding Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo.
Steven Earl Yorgason
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 68
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17