George Romney, Mitt Romney's famous father, is best remembered for his "brainwashing" comment that derailed his presidential ambitions in 1967. The senior Romney, long a supporter of the Vietnam war effort, announced his opposition to it after realizing he'd been brainwashed by the generals. One can only hope that Mitt will experience a similar epiphany on the road to the White House regarding Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo.
Steven Earl Yorgason
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 25
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17