George Romney, Mitt Romney's famous father, is best remembered for his "brainwashing" comment that derailed his presidential ambitions in 1967. The senior Romney, long a supporter of the Vietnam war effort, announced his opposition to it after realizing he'd been brainwashed by the generals. One can only hope that Mitt will experience a similar epiphany on the road to the White House regarding Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo.
Steven Earl Yorgason
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 18
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16