I recently read in the Deseret News that the Obama administration has agreed to a one-year delay before the new rule applies that the LDS Church will be required to pay for contraception to its employees through the new health care plan.
Just think of this for a moment. Such a headline a few years ago would have been inconceivable. What powers have we given the federal government to have this much control over our lives? Is this one of the enumerated powers given the federal government in the constitution? Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. We have failed to teach our children the precious gift given to us by our founders and have voted away to the demagogues our liberties.
David M. Ball
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- My view: History reveals some correct beliefs...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Letter: Next president?
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28