I recently read in the Deseret News that the Obama administration has agreed to a one-year delay before the new rule applies that the LDS Church will be required to pay for contraception to its employees through the new health care plan.
Just think of this for a moment. Such a headline a few years ago would have been inconceivable. What powers have we given the federal government to have this much control over our lives? Is this one of the enumerated powers given the federal government in the constitution? Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. We have failed to teach our children the precious gift given to us by our founders and have voted away to the demagogues our liberties.
David M. Ball
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Police brutality
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 55
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 26
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22