I recently read in the Deseret News that the Obama administration has agreed to a one-year delay before the new rule applies that the LDS Church will be required to pay for contraception to its employees through the new health care plan.
Just think of this for a moment. Such a headline a few years ago would have been inconceivable. What powers have we given the federal government to have this much control over our lives? Is this one of the enumerated powers given the federal government in the constitution? Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. We have failed to teach our children the precious gift given to us by our founders and have voted away to the demagogues our liberties.
David M. Ball
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 46
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26