I recently read in the Deseret News that the Obama administration has agreed to a one-year delay before the new rule applies that the LDS Church will be required to pay for contraception to its employees through the new health care plan.
Just think of this for a moment. Such a headline a few years ago would have been inconceivable. What powers have we given the federal government to have this much control over our lives? Is this one of the enumerated powers given the federal government in the constitution? Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. We have failed to teach our children the precious gift given to us by our founders and have voted away to the demagogues our liberties.
David M. Ball
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37