I recently read in the Deseret News that the Obama administration has agreed to a one-year delay before the new rule applies that the LDS Church will be required to pay for contraception to its employees through the new health care plan.
Just think of this for a moment. Such a headline a few years ago would have been inconceivable. What powers have we given the federal government to have this much control over our lives? Is this one of the enumerated powers given the federal government in the constitution? Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. We have failed to teach our children the precious gift given to us by our founders and have voted away to the demagogues our liberties.
David M. Ball
- Your future Utah needs your input now —...
- Drew Clark: Congress should modernize highway...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economic turmoil in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Mediocre...
- Letter: Special treatment
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Letter: Chamber's misleading ad
- My View: Trade promotion authority would...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 36
- Letter: A constant example 17
- National debt not just financial issue... 14
- Letter: The good ones 14
- Letter: Put people in control 13
- Letter: Today's young people care about... 11
- In our opinion: Clinton Foundation's... 8
- Jay Evensen: Why would anyone fill out... 7