SALT LAKE CITY — After getting a rare day off in this truncated NBA season, the Utah Jazz were back to practice Monday morning.
They don't play again until Wednesday night when Toronto comes to town, giving the Jazz their biggest break all season except for the All-Star break in late February.
The biggest news to come out of Monday's practice is that the team may be healthy all the way through the lineup for one of the few times all year. Jazz spokesperson Jonathan Rinehart said all 13 players are listed as available for Wednesday's game.
Josh Howard, who has missed three games with a strained left quadraceps muscle, said he expects to be back on the court.
"It's feeling a lot better, and I'm hoping to get out and do my job Wednesday," said Howard, who joined the team this year as a free agent. "It's been kind of boring — I hate sitting out. I'm going to see how these next two practices go."
Coach Tyrone Corbin is happy to have some rare practices — certainly rare back-to-back practices for his team.
"We've got a lot of things to work on," he said. "We need to tighten up some things on the defensive end of the floor and make sure our communication continues to get better. It's good to have some practice time to work on some of the things we need to do to get better."
The Jazz play Toronto for the only time all season on Wednesday night, then play at Dallas on Friday night before returning home to play Sacramento in what will be the first of two appearances for former BYU guard Jimmer Fredette on Saturday night.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43