SALT LAKE CITY — After getting a rare day off in this truncated NBA season, the Utah Jazz were back to practice Monday morning.
They don't play again until Wednesday night when Toronto comes to town, giving the Jazz their biggest break all season except for the All-Star break in late February.
The biggest news to come out of Monday's practice is that the team may be healthy all the way through the lineup for one of the few times all year. Jazz spokesperson Jonathan Rinehart said all 13 players are listed as available for Wednesday's game.
Josh Howard, who has missed three games with a strained left quadraceps muscle, said he expects to be back on the court.
"It's feeling a lot better, and I'm hoping to get out and do my job Wednesday," said Howard, who joined the team this year as a free agent. "It's been kind of boring — I hate sitting out. I'm going to see how these next two practices go."
Coach Tyrone Corbin is happy to have some rare practices — certainly rare back-to-back practices for his team.
"We've got a lot of things to work on," he said. "We need to tighten up some things on the defensive end of the floor and make sure our communication continues to get better. It's good to have some practice time to work on some of the things we need to do to get better."
The Jazz play Toronto for the only time all season on Wednesday night, then play at Dallas on Friday night before returning home to play Sacramento in what will be the first of two appearances for former BYU guard Jimmer Fredette on Saturday night.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Having achieved its Final Four goal, the BYU...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26