Utah Utes football: California prep tight end to sign with Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Jeremiah Valoaga, a 6-foot-6, 220-pound tight end from Channel Islands High in Oxnard, Calif., has accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Utah. He plans to sign a letter of intent on Feb. 1 and enroll in school this summer.
"I felt really comfortable there," Valoaga said after making his official trip to the campus. He liked the academic environment and the interaction between the coaches and players.
Valoaga, who is also a skilled basketball and volleyball player, added that he never really considered any other schools.
As a senior, Valoaga had 57 receptions for 787 yards and eight touchdowns. He was also named the Pacific View League's Defensive Lineman of the Year after making 56 tackles, six sacks, four fumble recoveries with a blocked field goal and punt.
Over his first two high school seasons at tight end, Valoaga made 77 catches for 972 yards and five touchdowns.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27