Utah Utes football: California prep tight end to sign with Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Jeremiah Valoaga, a 6-foot-6, 220-pound tight end from Channel Islands High in Oxnard, Calif., has accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Utah. He plans to sign a letter of intent on Feb. 1 and enroll in school this summer.
"I felt really comfortable there," Valoaga said after making his official trip to the campus. He liked the academic environment and the interaction between the coaches and players.
Valoaga, who is also a skilled basketball and volleyball player, added that he never really considered any other schools.
As a senior, Valoaga had 57 receptions for 787 yards and eight touchdowns. He was also named the Pacific View League's Defensive Lineman of the Year after making 56 tackles, six sacks, four fumble recoveries with a blocked field goal and punt.
Over his first two high school seasons at tight end, Valoaga made 77 catches for 972 yards and five touchdowns.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 25
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20