Akron Beacon Journal, Paul Tople) MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The juvenile suspect in a deadly scheme to rob people who replied to a Craigslist job ad is due in court after his case was transferred out of a rural Ohio county.
Sixteen-year-old Brogan Rafferty is to appear Monday afternoon before a Summit County Juvenile Court judge in Akron.
Rafferty's attorney, John Alexander, says the preliminary hearing will involve the review of charges and allow for bond to be discussed.
A Noble County judge determined Friday that Rafferty's case should be transferred to Summit County, where Rafferty is from and where he'd been held in jail.
Although two men were killed in Noble County and a third wounded there, neither the victims nor Rafferty and an adult suspect were from the county.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6