Baylor remains the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll. BYU, though, joins the Top 25 for the first time in five seasons.
The Lady Bears received all the first-place votes Monday for the eighth straight week after beating Texas Tech and Kansas State. Baylor visits Oklahoma before hosting Kansas.
Notre Dame, Connecticut, Stanford and Duke followed the Lady Bears. The Irish host No. 7 Tennessee on Monday night. Kentucky was sixth. Maryland, Ohio State and Miami round out the first 10.
BYU entered the poll tied at No. 23. The Lady Cougars, who were last ranked on Nov. 27, 2006, visit Seattle and Santa Clara this week. Gonzaga returned at 22, giving the West Coast Conference two teams in the Top 25 for the first time ever.
Kansas State and Vanderbilt dropped out of the poll.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34