Baylor remains the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll. BYU, though, joins the Top 25 for the first time in five seasons.
The Lady Bears received all the first-place votes Monday for the eighth straight week after beating Texas Tech and Kansas State. Baylor visits Oklahoma before hosting Kansas.
Notre Dame, Connecticut, Stanford and Duke followed the Lady Bears. The Irish host No. 7 Tennessee on Monday night. Kentucky was sixth. Maryland, Ohio State and Miami round out the first 10.
BYU entered the poll tied at No. 23. The Lady Cougars, who were last ranked on Nov. 27, 2006, visit Seattle and Santa Clara this week. Gonzaga returned at 22, giving the West Coast Conference two teams in the Top 25 for the first time ever.
Kansas State and Vanderbilt dropped out of the poll.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34