Education is the keystone to life. Without it, everything else will crumble. Too many people see no reason for education, so here are two reasons: money and human potential.
Everyone likes money. The average person who doesn't graduate high school only takes in about $25,705 a year. A high school graduate earns $35,035. A person with a bachelor's degree gets $55,864. A person with a master's degree can earn $68,879.
Humans can do almost anything they want. We put a man on the moon, we split an atom, we make something out of nothing, but it all requires education. Every last person on this earth, those who have gone and those yet to come, have something they can do to make the world better. The problem many encounter is they don't take the time to get the education required to use what they have.
Education is a very important factor in our lives. It shapes what we can and cannot do. Therefore, I would encourage everyone to learn.
Michael A. McLean
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25