Education is the keystone to life. Without it, everything else will crumble. Too many people see no reason for education, so here are two reasons: money and human potential.
Everyone likes money. The average person who doesn't graduate high school only takes in about $25,705 a year. A high school graduate earns $35,035. A person with a bachelor's degree gets $55,864. A person with a master's degree can earn $68,879.
Humans can do almost anything they want. We put a man on the moon, we split an atom, we make something out of nothing, but it all requires education. Every last person on this earth, those who have gone and those yet to come, have something they can do to make the world better. The problem many encounter is they don't take the time to get the education required to use what they have.
Education is a very important factor in our lives. It shapes what we can and cannot do. Therefore, I would encourage everyone to learn.
Michael A. McLean
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- My view: Conservatives must lead the fight...
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should start...
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what leaders...
- Mike Lee: Commending Utah’s academy...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Obama's Social Security...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 45
- Letter: Shooter's motives 31
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 27
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 25
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should... 24
- My view: Conservatives must lead the... 21
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18