Utah Jazz extra: All Earl Watson all the time; new Lob City?
"Whatever it takes to win," he said. "Sacrifice is part of the game. Everyone gets an elbow."
So will Rubio get his dentist's bill? Watson looked at locker neighbor Alec Burks.
"Burks said he got it for me," Watson joked. "My rook's got it."
Funny. Watson said the same thing about the $4,000 he owes the NBA for his two technicals. Burks hopes he's teasing.
Dinner of champions
The secret of Watson's success? Could be his pregame meal. This season's menu: three slices of French toast, two scrambled eggs, a turkey sandwich and potato chips.
"That's the weirdest combination," Watson said, laughing.
But tasty. Considering his play, don't expect an appetite alteration.
Wednesday vs. Raptors, 7 p.m., ROOT
Toronto has lost eight straight, which is lousy even with the poor American exchange rate. But watch out: Raptors do have Linas Kleiza.
Friday at Mavericks, 6:30 p.m., ROOT
After playing Utah, Nowitzki is taking a four-game break to improve his shape. Hmm. What's German for, "I don't want to face Earl Watson again?"
Saturday vs. Jimmermania, 7 p.m., ROOT
How weird has Jimmer Fredette's rookie year been? His coach told him to be a ballhog and to shoot more. Expect ESA to be like Cow Palace East.
Outplayed elite power forwards Blake Griffin, Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Love while averaging 20.7 points, 9.3 rebounds.
Rough week: Missed game with ankle sprain, ejection, $25,000 fine, only scored three points on in two contests.
The BIG stat
6-1: The Jazz have hit the century mark in scoring in seven of their 15 games, and they've won six of their 100-plus contests. The only time they lost when hitting triple digits was a 117-100 defeat in Denver.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: DJJazzy Jody
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 55
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 44
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8