Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Give credit to Devin Harris. He knows his team's marketing campaign.
Harris missed Friday's practice because of stomach flu, and he also temporarily avoided being asked about his name being on the trading block, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
Back with his team Saturday, Harris was happy to hear that his teammates had his back when asked about the rumor and Harris' play this season.
"We are Utah Jazz," Harris said, repeating the franchise's 2011-12 slogan. "We are family. Obviously we're supposed to stick together. That's what teammates do, and it's greatly appreciated."
Having been dealt three times in his eight-year career — from Washington (draft) to Dallas to New Jersey to Utah — Harris brushed off the trade talk. He repeated "been there, done that" three times when asked different questions about the rumor.
"It's not something you can control," Harris said. "I've been to that point where you worry about it (and wonder), 'Is it what I'm doing?' You can't control it, so you can't worry about it."
Jazz center Al Jefferson hadn't heard about Harris' rumor, but he knows the point guard expects that through the March 15 trade deadline.
"You just can't worry about it," Jefferson said. "When nobody wants you, that's when you need to be a little nervous."
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7