Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Give credit to Devin Harris. He knows his team's marketing campaign.
Harris missed Friday's practice because of stomach flu, and he also temporarily avoided being asked about his name being on the trading block, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
Back with his team Saturday, Harris was happy to hear that his teammates had his back when asked about the rumor and Harris' play this season.
"We are Utah Jazz," Harris said, repeating the franchise's 2011-12 slogan. "We are family. Obviously we're supposed to stick together. That's what teammates do, and it's greatly appreciated."
Having been dealt three times in his eight-year career — from Washington (draft) to Dallas to New Jersey to Utah — Harris brushed off the trade talk. He repeated "been there, done that" three times when asked different questions about the rumor.
"It's not something you can control," Harris said. "I've been to that point where you worry about it (and wonder), 'Is it what I'm doing?' You can't control it, so you can't worry about it."
Jazz center Al Jefferson hadn't heard about Harris' rumor, but he knows the point guard expects that through the March 15 trade deadline.
"You just can't worry about it," Jefferson said. "When nobody wants you, that's when you need to be a little nervous."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 100
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 37
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 32