Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Give credit to Devin Harris. He knows his team's marketing campaign.
Harris missed Friday's practice because of stomach flu, and he also temporarily avoided being asked about his name being on the trading block, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
Back with his team Saturday, Harris was happy to hear that his teammates had his back when asked about the rumor and Harris' play this season.
"We are Utah Jazz," Harris said, repeating the franchise's 2011-12 slogan. "We are family. Obviously we're supposed to stick together. That's what teammates do, and it's greatly appreciated."
Having been dealt three times in his eight-year career — from Washington (draft) to Dallas to New Jersey to Utah — Harris brushed off the trade talk. He repeated "been there, done that" three times when asked different questions about the rumor.
"It's not something you can control," Harris said. "I've been to that point where you worry about it (and wonder), 'Is it what I'm doing?' You can't control it, so you can't worry about it."
Jazz center Al Jefferson hadn't heard about Harris' rumor, but he knows the point guard expects that through the March 15 trade deadline.
"You just can't worry about it," Jefferson said. "When nobody wants you, that's when you need to be a little nervous."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20