I believe Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry's attacks on Mitt Romney's years at Bain will backfire on them. They sound envious and desperate. It's really sad when Republicans adopt class warfare.
Most Americans love and appreciate the free-market system. Bain is a company where private investors take risks with companies and receive a return on their investment. Romney and Bain have helped create outstanding businesses with hundreds of thousands of jobs, like Sports Authority, Staples, Brookstone, Dominos Pizza, Sealy, etc.
We lived in Boston when Romney was at Bain Capital. We had several friends that worked for Bain. They were encouraged and motivated to build companies and create more jobs. They were very pro-business and pro-growth. Bain has a 3-to-1 ratio of creating successful businesses.
I can't wait to see what Romney can do for America like he did for job creation at Bain, turning around the Olympics when it was in financial ruins and scandals and getting Massachusetts out of debt with a surplus. He's the only candidate who has the organization, money and experience in the private sector and government to beat President Obama. Our country needs Romney.
Heather Benson Sandstrom
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28