Utah Jazz: Devin Harris to play; team expects to get tested by T-Wolves
SALT LAKE CITY The Utah Jazz will host the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight, and the home team certainly isn't chalking anything up in the W column just yet.
The T-Wolves storm into EnergySolutions Arena for this 7 p.m. MT match-up on a three-game winning streak, having beaten the Pacific Division-leading Los Angeles Clippers on Friday thanks to a Kevin Love buzzer-beating 3-pointer.
Minnesota is 7-8 and trails the 9-5 Jazz in the Northwest Division standings, but coach Tyrone Corbin said his team is well aware of how dangerous the T-Wolves are with Love (24.7 ppg, 14.5 rpg), flashy rookie point guard Ricky Rubio (10.6 ppg, 8.1 apg) and shooting guard Luke Ridnour (12.5 ppg).
"It's a good young club that plays extremely hard," Corbin said after today's shootaround session. "They're getting better every night."
Utah will have Devin Harris back after the Jazz point guard missed Friday's practice with stomach flu. Small forward Josh Howard (strained left quad) continues to make improvement but will not play tonight.
Minnesota will be without Michael Beasley (foot) and Jose Juan Barea (ankle).
Harris addressed the trade rumors that have circulated since ESPN's Marc Stein tweeted that the veteran playmaker is on the trading block following the Jazz's 94-91 loss to Dallas.
"Been there, dont that, been through it before," Harris said. "It's not something you can control. I've been to that point where you worry about it (and wonder), 'Is it what I'm doing?' You can't control it, so you can't worry about it."
Al Jefferson said he hadn't heard any trade talk.
"Devin's been around long enough to know that every time this time of the year your name's probably going to come up in rumors," he said. "You just can't worry about it. The GMs going to do their job, we've got to do our job."
And that job is to try to derail the Minnesota Express tonight.
"It's another test game for us," Howard said.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28