RWEST VALLEY CITY — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 1-0 Friday night at Maverik Center in front of 6,688 fans.
Utah recorded a season-high 21 shots in the third period, but wasn't able to beat Bakersfield goaltender Bryan Pitton, who stopped all 38 shots that he saw from Utah. Grizzlies goaltender Andrew Engelage stopped 16 of 17 in the losing cause.
"He stole the show, we had more than enough chances to at least get three or four but the puck wasn't going in tonight and he played outstanding," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "Their goal was just a quick bang
bang play, it's the way things went tonight. We had a good third, just couldn't get anything by him."
Bakersfield scored the lone goal 13:30 into the second period off of a face-off win as Aaron Lewadnuik scored his eighth goal of the year.
Prior to the game forward Mitch Wahl, who had five goals and two assists for seven points in five games with Utah earlier this year was reassigned to the team by Calgary. Colin Vock also made his Grizzlies debut after being acquired in a trade from Gwinnett. Both players arrived shortly before face-off.
The Grizzlies return to action Friday, January 27 in Idaho. They are back home with the Steelheads Saturday, January 28 and Monday, January 30.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 36