In addition to major flip flops on major issues, such as being fervently in favor of individual mandates and a woman's right to choose before being fervently opposed, as a dog lover, I have another reason to wonder about the quality of Mitt Romney's character.
Several years ago Romney strapped, in his words, "the beloved family pet," Shamus, a high strung Irish setter, in a cage on the top of a car for a 12 hour trip to the family's lakeside lodge. Not surprisingly, this arduous exposure to the elements caused Shamus to defecate in terror, thereby soiling himself and the car. Despite the dog's obvious acute distress, Romney merely hosed Shamus off with water at a gas station and merrily continued the 12 hour trip.
Romney, likely our next president if the GOP prevails, ignored the obvious, more humane choice of strapping luggage, instead of the "beloved family pet," to the top of the car.
Don L. Miller
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28