A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcast: "Commemorating 100 Years of Seminary," Jan. 22, 6 p.m. MST (see www.Seminary.lds.org/100years )
"Lamb of God" auditions: Soloist auditions for Rob Gardner's "Lamb of God" for Easter, 13 vocalists and one cello solo, Jan. 21, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., callbacks Jan. 28 (Contact the director, Alan Chipman at 408 887-8428 or email at email@example.com to schedule an audition)
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): "Poor Again – Yikes!" by Tim Behrens, Jan. 13-14; "Celtic Nights," Jan. 27, Hart Auditorium; BYU-Idaho Barbershop Music Festival, Feb. 4; BYU-Idaho Sound Alliance with trumpet player Ingrid Jensen, Feb. 10-11; River North Chicago Dance, Feb. 16; Daedalus Quartet, Feb. 24; BYU-Idaho Sinfonietta featuring David Sogg, a bassoonist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, March 2; "Bring Forth My Zion," featuring choirs and orchestra in the BYU-Idaho Center, March 9 (tickets available by www.byui.edu/centerstage , www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Art Exhibit Black History Month, daily, 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Reader's Theater: "A Special Destiny," Feb. 5, 7 p.m.; "Singing Sensations Children's Choir," Feb. 12, 7 p.m.; African American Family History Seminar, Feb. 18, 10 a.m.-noon; Why I Believe fireside: Chris and Eme Martin,
Alfred Street Baptist Church Choir and the Mormon Choir of Washington, D.C., Feb. 25, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Nauvoo Pageant: Auditions for core cast, Jan. 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Bountiful Regional Center; callbacks, Jan. 27-28 in North Salt Lake; audition videos for those outside of Utah need to be sent to Nauvoo Pageant Core Cast Auditions, Music and Cultural Arts Division, 50 E. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, by Jan. 20 (see www.nauvoopageant.org for details)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Nate Sharp: 'Miraculous events' led to...
- Tabernacle Choir performs in the rain near...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- 3 religions, 3 approaches to forgiveness in...
- Memorable sermons from LDS leaders in fewer...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 177
- When Satan steals your motherhood 69
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- Washington Cathedral dean on... 8
- Episcopal Church elects first black... 6