A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcast: "Commemorating 100 Years of Seminary," Jan. 22, 6 p.m. MST (see www.Seminary.lds.org/100years )
"Lamb of God" auditions: Soloist auditions for Rob Gardner's "Lamb of God" for Easter, 13 vocalists and one cello solo, Jan. 21, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., callbacks Jan. 28 (Contact the director, Alan Chipman at 408 887-8428 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition)
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): "Poor Again – Yikes!" by Tim Behrens, Jan. 13-14; "Celtic Nights," Jan. 27, Hart Auditorium; BYU-Idaho Barbershop Music Festival, Feb. 4; BYU-Idaho Sound Alliance with trumpet player Ingrid Jensen, Feb. 10-11; River North Chicago Dance, Feb. 16; Daedalus Quartet, Feb. 24; BYU-Idaho Sinfonietta featuring David Sogg, a bassoonist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, March 2; "Bring Forth My Zion," featuring choirs and orchestra in the BYU-Idaho Center, March 9 (tickets available by www.byui.edu/centerstage , www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Art Exhibit Black History Month, daily, 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Reader's Theater: "A Special Destiny," Feb. 5, 7 p.m.; "Singing Sensations Children's Choir," Feb. 12, 7 p.m.; African American Family History Seminar, Feb. 18, 10 a.m.-noon; Why I Believe fireside: Chris and Eme Martin,
Alfred Street Baptist Church Choir and the Mormon Choir of Washington, D.C., Feb. 25, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Nauvoo Pageant: Auditions for core cast, Jan. 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Bountiful Regional Center; callbacks, Jan. 27-28 in North Salt Lake; audition videos for those outside of Utah need to be sent to Nauvoo Pageant Core Cast Auditions, Music and Cultural Arts Division, 50 E. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, by Jan. 20 (see www.nauvoopageant.org for details)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- Throwback Thursday: 6 lies early returned...
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women on...
- Archbishop: Anti-Semitism 'embedded' in...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Of happiness and...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A church focused on...
- LDS World: The privilege and benefits of...
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 32
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 30
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women... 18
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 13
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Throwback Thursday: 6 lies early... 8
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 8