EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, will host a book drive, Jan. 23, 11 a.m.-noon. The first 500 people to bring a new or gently used children's book to donate to Road to Success will receive a free ticket to Disney On Ice Toy Story 3, March 7. (www.DisneyOnIce.com)
Dolly's Bookstore, 510 Main, Park City, will host signings with John Reiss and Sheri Candler, authors of "Selling Your Film Without Selling Your Soul," Jan. 22, 4 p.m.; Gerald Elias, author of "Death of the Maiden," Jan. 23, 2 p.m.; Bob Gruen, author of "Rock Seen," Jan. 23, 6:30 p.m.; Louise Levison, author of "Filmmakers and Financing: Business Plan for Independents," Jan. 24, 22 a.m.; Jennifer Jordan, author of "Savage Summit," Jan. 25, 2:30 p.m.; and Kelly Enright, author of "Osa and Martin: For the Love of Adventure," Jan. 27, 4:30 p.m. (435-649-8062 or www.dollysbookstore.com)
The King's English Bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, will host signings with Brodi Ashton, author of "Everneath," Jan. 24, 7 p.m., and Paige Shelton, author of "Crops and Robbers," Jan. 25, 7 p.m. Registration for The King's English Bookshop's World Book Night is open. Select a book you would like others to read, and you could receive 20 free copies of that book to give away. Registration ends Feb. 1. Visit www.kingsenglish.com or call 801-484-9100 for additional information.
Golden Braid Books, 151 S. 500 East, will host a class inspired by "Mindfulness for Beginners," by Jon Kata-Zinn, Jan. 26, 6:30 p.m. (801-322-1161 or www.goldenbraidbooks.com)
Seagull Book, 448 W. Antelope Drive, Layton, will host a signing with Paul Rimmasch, author of "The Lost Stones," Jan. 28, 2 p.m. (801-525-1324)
The Utah Chapter of the Association of Personal Historians will offer workshops and introductory presentations on preserving life stories. The workshops will be held on various dates at multiple locations from Logan to Manti. The events are free and begin Jan. 17 and continue through May. For a complete schedule of events, to register for workshops and purchase the book, visit www.utahaph.blogspot.com, email email@example.com or call Paulette Stevens at 801-261-5203.
Please submit event listings to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 9
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1