KEARNS, Utah — Brittany Bowe was in the stands 10 years ago when Apolo Anton Ohno and Derek Parra skated to Olympic gold on home ice.
Bowe says watching American flag-draped victory laps sent chills down her spine.
Now, the 23-year-old former college point guard and in-line skating champion is chasing her own Olympic dreams. She's competing this weekend in the World Cup long track speed skating event at the Utah Olympic Oval.
Bowe won't be one of the favorites when skaters compete on Saturday and Sunday.
Bowe simply wants personal bests this weekend in both events as she continues to improve.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34