Utah Jazz: Fans go through emotional roller-coaster ride due to system error
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah Jazz mobile app "system error" got a lot of fans' hopes up that they'd won free tickets to tonight's big game against the defending NBA champions.
Tipoff is approaching and some people are still left in the dark, not knowing whether or not they did or didn't win seats for the Jazz's nationally televised contest against the Dallas Mavericks (8:30 p.m. MT tipoff).
This afternoon, those with the Jazz app on their smart phones received a message informing them, "Congratulations! You are a winner of two tickets for tonight's Jazz vs. Mavericks game. Click the "VIEW" button for details."
Problem was, no details were available.
A while later, the official Twitter account of the Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) announced the following:
"We experienced a system error, and you may have received a message indicating you have won tickets. We will have details momentarily."
Some fans have received ticket notification through emails — as the Jazz explained they'd do through a tweet — and the Jazz's Flash Seats system.
Others, however, continue to wait for official word on whether they indeed won tickets for tonight or not.
"Seeing others win their @utahjazz tix while others are left hanging," Nick Newman wrote on Twitter. "Hope Jazz can make up for this by following through and giving me tix."
"This is ridiculous to get our hopes up and then completely leaving (sic) us hanging like this," Twitter user @ChaseAmes wrote.
"I have clicked the notification multiple times. It worked once...for about 10 seconds. Then stopped," @bshums tweeted.
Added @DanielTate: "No apology to us losers yet."
The Deseret News is still waiting for an official explanation from the Jazz.
It's unknown how many app users received the original winning ticket notification, and how many actually won tickets.
The Jazz website says 500 tickets will be up for grabs for the upcoming Jimmer game, when the Kings visit Utah on Jan. 28.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26