Utah Jazz: Fans go through emotional roller-coaster ride due to system error
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah Jazz mobile app "system error" got a lot of fans' hopes up that they'd won free tickets to tonight's big game against the defending NBA champions.
Tipoff is approaching and some people are still left in the dark, not knowing whether or not they did or didn't win seats for the Jazz's nationally televised contest against the Dallas Mavericks (8:30 p.m. MT tipoff).
This afternoon, those with the Jazz app on their smart phones received a message informing them, "Congratulations! You are a winner of two tickets for tonight's Jazz vs. Mavericks game. Click the "VIEW" button for details."
Problem was, no details were available.
A while later, the official Twitter account of the Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) announced the following:
"We experienced a system error, and you may have received a message indicating you have won tickets. We will have details momentarily."
Some fans have received ticket notification through emails — as the Jazz explained they'd do through a tweet — and the Jazz's Flash Seats system.
Others, however, continue to wait for official word on whether they indeed won tickets for tonight or not.
"Seeing others win their @utahjazz tix while others are left hanging," Nick Newman wrote on Twitter. "Hope Jazz can make up for this by following through and giving me tix."
"This is ridiculous to get our hopes up and then completely leaving (sic) us hanging like this," Twitter user @ChaseAmes wrote.
"I have clicked the notification multiple times. It worked once...for about 10 seconds. Then stopped," @bshums tweeted.
Added @DanielTate: "No apology to us losers yet."
The Deseret News is still waiting for an official explanation from the Jazz.
It's unknown how many app users received the original winning ticket notification, and how many actually won tickets.
The Jazz website says 500 tickets will be up for grabs for the upcoming Jimmer game, when the Kings visit Utah on Jan. 28.
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director of...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big year...
- Little offense as main players sit out Ute...
- BYU's Jaylen Reyes provides invaluable...
- 2015 Utah high school football schedules...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 89
- Ultimate football road trips:... 47
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 38
- Morning links: BYU close to a new... 34
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU edges Utah, 7-6, with eighth-inning... 32
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29