"And nothing has been bothering me, which is awesome," Mueller said. "Every time I get touched or hit, there seems to be no problem. I'm looking to get right back into the play. Things have been great so far."
The only real obstacle has been his conditioning. He still needs a few more games to get his hockey legs back.
"I'm right there," Mueller said. "Just a couple of more notches and then it will be good."
Not that his teammates have noticed any rust. He still resembles the player the Avs acquired in a deal that sent Wojtek Wolski to Phoenix in March 2010.
Right away, Mueller showed his scoring prowess, notching 20 points in 15 games.
And then came the head injury.
"It's been a tough year and a half for him," Stastny said. "He's been through a lot of ups and downs, but he's been battling through that and his spirit has stayed high. To see him have a night like this, it's awesome for him."
Mueller added his second goal of the night with a laser of a slap shot in the third period. Later, he nearly completed the hat trick as fans littered the ice with hats after believing Mueller, not Stastny, had tapped in the tying goal.
"Would have been nice if he got the hat trick," Stastny said. "He was flying all night and it was long time coming for him. I think it was something special for him."
Sure was, feeling right at home again in the glare of the spotlight.
"Nothing comes easy in this league, especially if you're dealing with your health," Mueller said. "Everyone has been so supportive through this whole process. What a night to cap it off."
Follow AP Sports Writer Pat Graham on Twitter: pgraham34 .
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37