Barry Gutierrez, Associated Press
DENVER — Ryan O'Reilly scored 3:55 into overtime, as his shot trickled through the legs of Florida goalie Jose Theodore, and the Colorado Avalanche rallied for a 4-3 win over the Florida Panthers on Wednesday night.
Paul Stastny tied it late in regulation, and Peter Mueller scored twice — his first goals since April 2010. Mueller has been dealing with concussion-like symptoms the last two seasons, missing all of 2010-11 and a good portion of this season.
The Avalanche caught the Panthers on a rush late in overtime, with O'Reilly shooting a puck right at Theodore, who couldn't corral it.
Florida had two breakaway chances in the extra period, but were turned away by Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Stephen Weiss, Marcel Goc and Tomas Kopecky scored for the Panthers, who lost their seventh straight road game.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19