Barry Gutierrez, Associated Press
DENVER — Ryan O'Reilly scored 3:55 into overtime, as his shot trickled through the legs of Florida goalie Jose Theodore, and the Colorado Avalanche rallied for a 4-3 win over the Florida Panthers on Wednesday night.
Paul Stastny tied it late in regulation, and Peter Mueller scored twice — his first goals since April 2010. Mueller has been dealing with concussion-like symptoms the last two seasons, missing all of 2010-11 and a good portion of this season.
The Avalanche caught the Panthers on a rush late in overtime, with O'Reilly shooting a puck right at Theodore, who couldn't corral it.
Florida had two breakaway chances in the extra period, but were turned away by Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Stephen Weiss, Marcel Goc and Tomas Kopecky scored for the Panthers, who lost their seventh straight road game.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25