Barry Gutierrez, Associated Press
DENVER — Ryan O'Reilly scored 3:55 into overtime, as his shot trickled through the legs of Florida goalie Jose Theodore, and the Colorado Avalanche rallied for a 4-3 win over the Florida Panthers on Wednesday night.
Paul Stastny tied it late in regulation, and Peter Mueller scored twice — his first goals since April 2010. Mueller has been dealing with concussion-like symptoms the last two seasons, missing all of 2010-11 and a good portion of this season.
The Avalanche caught the Panthers on a rush late in overtime, with O'Reilly shooting a puck right at Theodore, who couldn't corral it.
Florida had two breakaway chances in the extra period, but were turned away by Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Stephen Weiss, Marcel Goc and Tomas Kopecky scored for the Panthers, who lost their seventh straight road game.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45