Barry Gutierrez, Associated Press
DENVER — Ryan O'Reilly scored 3:55 into overtime, as his shot trickled through the legs of Florida goalie Jose Theodore, and the Colorado Avalanche rallied for a 4-3 win over the Florida Panthers on Wednesday night.
Paul Stastny tied it late in regulation, and Peter Mueller scored twice — his first goals since April 2010. Mueller has been dealing with concussion-like symptoms the last two seasons, missing all of 2010-11 and a good portion of this season.
The Avalanche caught the Panthers on a rush late in overtime, with O'Reilly shooting a puck right at Theodore, who couldn't corral it.
Florida had two breakaway chances in the extra period, but were turned away by Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Stephen Weiss, Marcel Goc and Tomas Kopecky scored for the Panthers, who lost their seventh straight road game.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37