The Oxford Eagle, Bruce Newman) NO SALES MAGS OUT MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
OXFORD, Miss. — Reginald Buckner scored a career-high 19 points, added 15 rebounds and Mississippi upset No. 18 Mississippi State 75-68 on Wednesday night.
Nick Williams added 17 points and Jarvis Summers had 12 to help Ole Miss (12-6, 2-2 Southeastern Conference) beat its in-state rival for the first time in six attempts.
Buckner is usually known for his defense and is the school's career leader in blocked shots. But he scored with regularity against the Bulldogs, going 8 of 10 shots from the field as the Rebels shot 50 percent as a team.
Renardo Sidney led Mississippi State (15-4, 2-2) with 17 points. Arnett Moultrie had his ninth double-double of the season with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43