Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
NEW ORLEANS — Marc Gasol had a season-high 22 points and 12 rebounds, and the Memphis Grizzlies extended their winning streak to four with a 93-87 victory over the struggling New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night.
Mike Conley hit four 3-pointers and finished with 18 points and 10 assists for Memphis, which had five players score in double figures while sending the Hornets to their fifth straight loss and 11th defeat in 12 games.
Jarrett Jack scored a game-high 27 points and his pull-up jumper got New Orleans as close as 87-85 with 1:28 left, but O.J. Mayo's 20-foot jumper helped the Grizzlies hang on as New Orleans struggled to score or get key rebounds in the final minute
Trevor Ariza had 18 points for the Hornets in his return from a pulled right groin.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22