Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
NEW ORLEANS — Marc Gasol had a season-high 22 points and 12 rebounds, and the Memphis Grizzlies extended their winning streak to four with a 93-87 victory over the struggling New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night.
Mike Conley hit four 3-pointers and finished with 18 points and 10 assists for Memphis, which had five players score in double figures while sending the Hornets to their fifth straight loss and 11th defeat in 12 games.
Jarrett Jack scored a game-high 27 points and his pull-up jumper got New Orleans as close as 87-85 with 1:28 left, but O.J. Mayo's 20-foot jumper helped the Grizzlies hang on as New Orleans struggled to score or get key rebounds in the final minute
Trevor Ariza had 18 points for the Hornets in his return from a pulled right groin.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34