Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Mark Lyons scored 17 points on Wednesday night, and point guard Tu Holloway had a season-high 12 assists in a spread-it-around offense that swept Xavier to its fourth straight victory, 68-55 over Saint Joseph's.
The Musketeers (13-5, 4-1 Atlantic 10 Conference) took control with an 18-2 run early in the second half led by their senior point guard.
Xavier extended its A-10 record to 43 consecutive league wins at home. The Musketeers haven't lost an A-10 game at the Cintas Center since Saint Joseph's beat them 68-58 on Feb. 28, 2006.
The Hawks (12-7, 2-3) couldn't overcome Xavier's second-half run or the loss of guard Carl Jones, who leads the league in scoring with 17.2 points per game. Jones sprained his left ankle during a loss to Massachusetts on Saturday and didn't play.
Halil Kanacevic led Saint Joseph's with 13 points and 14 rebounds.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43