Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Mark Lyons scored 17 points on Wednesday night, and point guard Tu Holloway had a season-high 12 assists in a spread-it-around offense that swept Xavier to its fourth straight victory, 68-55 over Saint Joseph's.
The Musketeers (13-5, 4-1 Atlantic 10 Conference) took control with an 18-2 run early in the second half led by their senior point guard.
Xavier extended its A-10 record to 43 consecutive league wins at home. The Musketeers haven't lost an A-10 game at the Cintas Center since Saint Joseph's beat them 68-58 on Feb. 28, 2006.
The Hawks (12-7, 2-3) couldn't overcome Xavier's second-half run or the loss of guard Carl Jones, who leads the league in scoring with 17.2 points per game. Jones sprained his left ankle during a loss to Massachusetts on Saturday and didn't play.
Halil Kanacevic led Saint Joseph's with 13 points and 14 rebounds.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16