Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Mark Lyons scored 17 points on Wednesday night, and point guard Tu Holloway had a season-high 12 assists in a spread-it-around offense that swept Xavier to its fourth straight victory, 68-55 over Saint Joseph's.
The Musketeers (13-5, 4-1 Atlantic 10 Conference) took control with an 18-2 run early in the second half led by their senior point guard.
Xavier extended its A-10 record to 43 consecutive league wins at home. The Musketeers haven't lost an A-10 game at the Cintas Center since Saint Joseph's beat them 68-58 on Feb. 28, 2006.
The Hawks (12-7, 2-3) couldn't overcome Xavier's second-half run or the loss of guard Carl Jones, who leads the league in scoring with 17.2 points per game. Jones sprained his left ankle during a loss to Massachusetts on Saturday and didn't play.
Halil Kanacevic led Saint Joseph's with 13 points and 14 rebounds.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39