Quorums, relief societies bolstered in BYU devotional
They are 'sleeping giants,' Relief Society President says at BYU
"We are all in the midst of a mortal experience," she said. "We all chose this experience, and the Lord will ensure that we all have one. An age-old anti-Christ deception implies that people who are smart enough or rich enough can avoid challenges. This is not so. … As our times become ever more difficult, the faithful brothers and sisters in the quorums and relief societies are to protect the homes of Zion from the shrill voices of the world and the provocative influence of the adversary."
The fifth purpose for being organized into quorums and relief societies is to strengthen and support Latter-day Saints in their family roles and responsibilities as sons and daughters of God, Sister Beck said.
"Though many of our responsibilities in the church are parallel, Heavenly Father's sons and daughters each have unique and distinct responsibilities in the family and in the church. Quorums and relief societies are to teach our Heavenly Father's sons and daughters and inspire them to prepare for the blessings of eternal life," she said.
The work of the quorum and Relief Society clarifies the unique identities and responsibilities of sons and daughters of God and unifies them in defense of his plan, Sister Beck said. "Each of us is a beloved daughter or son of God with sacred responsibilities," she said. "In our quorums and relief societies, we are to be taught and inspired to become who our Father in Heaven created us to become."
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9