Quorums, relief societies bolstered in BYU devotional
They are 'sleeping giants,' Relief Society President says at BYU
"We are all in the midst of a mortal experience," she said. "We all chose this experience, and the Lord will ensure that we all have one. An age-old anti-Christ deception implies that people who are smart enough or rich enough can avoid challenges. This is not so. … As our times become ever more difficult, the faithful brothers and sisters in the quorums and relief societies are to protect the homes of Zion from the shrill voices of the world and the provocative influence of the adversary."
The fifth purpose for being organized into quorums and relief societies is to strengthen and support Latter-day Saints in their family roles and responsibilities as sons and daughters of God, Sister Beck said.
"Though many of our responsibilities in the church are parallel, Heavenly Father's sons and daughters each have unique and distinct responsibilities in the family and in the church. Quorums and relief societies are to teach our Heavenly Father's sons and daughters and inspire them to prepare for the blessings of eternal life," she said.
The work of the quorum and Relief Society clarifies the unique identities and responsibilities of sons and daughters of God and unifies them in defense of his plan, Sister Beck said. "Each of us is a beloved daughter or son of God with sacred responsibilities," she said. "In our quorums and relief societies, we are to be taught and inspired to become who our Father in Heaven created us to become."
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 35
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 21
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20