Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors still waiting to get back on court
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Josh Howard and Derrick Favors had the best seats in the house for the Jazz's 108-79 win Tuesday over the Clippers.
They key reserves both sat out with injuries incurred over the weekend.
Howard re-strained his left quadriceps muscle when he was kneed by the Nets on Saturday, forcing him to miss Sunday's win at Denver.
Favors sprained his left ankle while rebounding against the Nuggets, keeping him out of the second half Sunday.
Both players' status for Thursday's TNT game vs. Dallas is uncertain.
Howard said he'll "go into coaching mode with my young guys who play the wing" for as long as he has to wear a suit on the bench.
Favors held out hope that he'd play Tuesday, but his painful and swollen ankle didn't adequately pass movement tests conducted by the training staff.
"I want to be able to play, but at the same time I've got to be careful about it," said Favors, sporting a walking boot. "We've still got a lot of games to play, and I don't want to do something worse to it."
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33