Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors still waiting to get back on court
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Josh Howard and Derrick Favors had the best seats in the house for the Jazz's 108-79 win Tuesday over the Clippers.
They key reserves both sat out with injuries incurred over the weekend.
Howard re-strained his left quadriceps muscle when he was kneed by the Nets on Saturday, forcing him to miss Sunday's win at Denver.
Favors sprained his left ankle while rebounding against the Nuggets, keeping him out of the second half Sunday.
Both players' status for Thursday's TNT game vs. Dallas is uncertain.
Howard said he'll "go into coaching mode with my young guys who play the wing" for as long as he has to wear a suit on the bench.
Favors held out hope that he'd play Tuesday, but his painful and swollen ankle didn't adequately pass movement tests conducted by the training staff.
"I want to be able to play, but at the same time I've got to be careful about it," said Favors, sporting a walking boot. "We've still got a lot of games to play, and I don't want to do something worse to it."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45