Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors still waiting to get back on court
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Josh Howard and Derrick Favors had the best seats in the house for the Jazz's 108-79 win Tuesday over the Clippers.
They key reserves both sat out with injuries incurred over the weekend.
Howard re-strained his left quadriceps muscle when he was kneed by the Nets on Saturday, forcing him to miss Sunday's win at Denver.
Favors sprained his left ankle while rebounding against the Nuggets, keeping him out of the second half Sunday.
Both players' status for Thursday's TNT game vs. Dallas is uncertain.
Howard said he'll "go into coaching mode with my young guys who play the wing" for as long as he has to wear a suit on the bench.
Favors held out hope that he'd play Tuesday, but his painful and swollen ankle didn't adequately pass movement tests conducted by the training staff.
"I want to be able to play, but at the same time I've got to be careful about it," said Favors, sporting a walking boot. "We've still got a lot of games to play, and I don't want to do something worse to it."
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Carter Williams: Steph Curry is becoming...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 113
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37