Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors still waiting to get back on court
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Josh Howard and Derrick Favors had the best seats in the house for the Jazz's 108-79 win Tuesday over the Clippers.
They key reserves both sat out with injuries incurred over the weekend.
Howard re-strained his left quadriceps muscle when he was kneed by the Nets on Saturday, forcing him to miss Sunday's win at Denver.
Favors sprained his left ankle while rebounding against the Nuggets, keeping him out of the second half Sunday.
Both players' status for Thursday's TNT game vs. Dallas is uncertain.
Howard said he'll "go into coaching mode with my young guys who play the wing" for as long as he has to wear a suit on the bench.
Favors held out hope that he'd play Tuesday, but his painful and swollen ankle didn't adequately pass movement tests conducted by the training staff.
"I want to be able to play, but at the same time I've got to be careful about it," said Favors, sporting a walking boot. "We've still got a lot of games to play, and I don't want to do something worse to it."
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 47
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26