Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors still waiting to get back on court
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Josh Howard and Derrick Favors had the best seats in the house for the Jazz's 108-79 win Tuesday over the Clippers.
They key reserves both sat out with injuries incurred over the weekend.
Howard re-strained his left quadriceps muscle when he was kneed by the Nets on Saturday, forcing him to miss Sunday's win at Denver.
Favors sprained his left ankle while rebounding against the Nuggets, keeping him out of the second half Sunday.
Both players' status for Thursday's TNT game vs. Dallas is uncertain.
Howard said he'll "go into coaching mode with my young guys who play the wing" for as long as he has to wear a suit on the bench.
Favors held out hope that he'd play Tuesday, but his painful and swollen ankle didn't adequately pass movement tests conducted by the training staff.
"I want to be able to play, but at the same time I've got to be careful about it," said Favors, sporting a walking boot. "We've still got a lot of games to play, and I don't want to do something worse to it."
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 78
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26