Utah Jazz: Josh Howard, Derrick Favors still waiting to get back on court
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Josh Howard and Derrick Favors had the best seats in the house for the Jazz's 108-79 win Tuesday over the Clippers.
They key reserves both sat out with injuries incurred over the weekend.
Howard re-strained his left quadriceps muscle when he was kneed by the Nets on Saturday, forcing him to miss Sunday's win at Denver.
Favors sprained his left ankle while rebounding against the Nuggets, keeping him out of the second half Sunday.
Both players' status for Thursday's TNT game vs. Dallas is uncertain.
Howard said he'll "go into coaching mode with my young guys who play the wing" for as long as he has to wear a suit on the bench.
Favors held out hope that he'd play Tuesday, but his painful and swollen ankle didn't adequately pass movement tests conducted by the training staff.
"I want to be able to play, but at the same time I've got to be careful about it," said Favors, sporting a walking boot. "We've still got a lot of games to play, and I don't want to do something worse to it."
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- Hollis: Past Jazz players vs. the current...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- RSL hangs on to defeat Houston, thanks to...
- BYU baseball: five-run ninth powers No. 30...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 100
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 55
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 30
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 24
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14