Matthew Cavanaugh, Getty Images
What I can't understand is why the majority of Utah Republicans would vote for Mitt Romney over Jon Huntsman Jr. Huntsman was a great governor of Utah for eight years, and in almost every instance, our great state stood out nationally. Romney was the governor of Massachusetts and didn't fare too well nationally. The Huntsman family has donated millions of dollars for cancer research and other causes in Utah and continues to do so.
If one watched the candidates debate on national television, there was no question that Huntsman was more civil and simply looked and acted more presidential than the rest of the field. His credentials as a two-term governor and foreign ambassador again put him out in front. Finally, if Huntsman had been picked to run the 2002 Olympics, he would have done as good as or better than Romney.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28