Matthew Cavanaugh, Getty Images
What I can't understand is why the majority of Utah Republicans would vote for Mitt Romney over Jon Huntsman Jr. Huntsman was a great governor of Utah for eight years, and in almost every instance, our great state stood out nationally. Romney was the governor of Massachusetts and didn't fare too well nationally. The Huntsman family has donated millions of dollars for cancer research and other causes in Utah and continues to do so.
If one watched the candidates debate on national television, there was no question that Huntsman was more civil and simply looked and acted more presidential than the rest of the field. His credentials as a two-term governor and foreign ambassador again put him out in front. Finally, if Huntsman had been picked to run the 2002 Olympics, he would have done as good as or better than Romney.
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18