Matthew Cavanaugh, Getty Images
What I can't understand is why the majority of Utah Republicans would vote for Mitt Romney over Jon Huntsman Jr. Huntsman was a great governor of Utah for eight years, and in almost every instance, our great state stood out nationally. Romney was the governor of Massachusetts and didn't fare too well nationally. The Huntsman family has donated millions of dollars for cancer research and other causes in Utah and continues to do so.
If one watched the candidates debate on national television, there was no question that Huntsman was more civil and simply looked and acted more presidential than the rest of the field. His credentials as a two-term governor and foreign ambassador again put him out in front. Finally, if Huntsman had been picked to run the 2002 Olympics, he would have done as good as or better than Romney.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 23