Matthew Cavanaugh, Getty Images
What I can't understand is why the majority of Utah Republicans would vote for Mitt Romney over Jon Huntsman Jr. Huntsman was a great governor of Utah for eight years, and in almost every instance, our great state stood out nationally. Romney was the governor of Massachusetts and didn't fare too well nationally. The Huntsman family has donated millions of dollars for cancer research and other causes in Utah and continues to do so.
If one watched the candidates debate on national television, there was no question that Huntsman was more civil and simply looked and acted more presidential than the rest of the field. His credentials as a two-term governor and foreign ambassador again put him out in front. Finally, if Huntsman had been picked to run the 2002 Olympics, he would have done as good as or better than Romney.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13