Matthew Cavanaugh, Getty Images
What I can't understand is why the majority of Utah Republicans would vote for Mitt Romney over Jon Huntsman Jr. Huntsman was a great governor of Utah for eight years, and in almost every instance, our great state stood out nationally. Romney was the governor of Massachusetts and didn't fare too well nationally. The Huntsman family has donated millions of dollars for cancer research and other causes in Utah and continues to do so.
If one watched the candidates debate on national television, there was no question that Huntsman was more civil and simply looked and acted more presidential than the rest of the field. His credentials as a two-term governor and foreign ambassador again put him out in front. Finally, if Huntsman had been picked to run the 2002 Olympics, he would have done as good as or better than Romney.
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 26
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: More whites should practice... 20
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16