OGDEN — One of two remaining Ogden police officers hospitalized was released Monday.
Officer Michael Rounkles was treated and released, according to McKay-Dee Hospital Center. In a statement, his family asked for privacy and "time to heal."
Rounkles, 29, a member of the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force, was shot in the leg Jan. 4 as a team of officers served a search warrant on a home at 3268 Jackson Ave. Ogden police officer Jared Francom was killed in the incident.
Also shot and injured were Ogden police officers Shawn Grogan and Kasey Burrell, Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Nate Hutchinson and Roy police officer Jason VanderWarf.
Burrell, 33, remained hospitalized Monday.
The gunman, Matthew Stewart, 37, has been charged with capital murder for the shooting and death of Francom, seven counts of attempted aggravated murder and manufacturing a controlled substance, a charge connected to the suspected marijuana operation that brought officers to the Odgen home on Jan. 4.
— Hunter Schwarz
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18