OGDEN — One of two remaining Ogden police officers hospitalized was released Monday.
Officer Michael Rounkles was treated and released, according to McKay-Dee Hospital Center. In a statement, his family asked for privacy and "time to heal."
Rounkles, 29, a member of the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force, was shot in the leg Jan. 4 as a team of officers served a search warrant on a home at 3268 Jackson Ave. Ogden police officer Jared Francom was killed in the incident.
Also shot and injured were Ogden police officers Shawn Grogan and Kasey Burrell, Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Nate Hutchinson and Roy police officer Jason VanderWarf.
Burrell, 33, remained hospitalized Monday.
The gunman, Matthew Stewart, 37, has been charged with capital murder for the shooting and death of Francom, seven counts of attempted aggravated murder and manufacturing a controlled substance, a charge connected to the suspected marijuana operation that brought officers to the Odgen home on Jan. 4.
— Hunter Schwarz
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 24
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 17