OGDEN — One of two remaining Ogden police officers hospitalized was released Monday.
Officer Michael Rounkles was treated and released, according to McKay-Dee Hospital Center. In a statement, his family asked for privacy and "time to heal."
Rounkles, 29, a member of the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force, was shot in the leg Jan. 4 as a team of officers served a search warrant on a home at 3268 Jackson Ave. Ogden police officer Jared Francom was killed in the incident.
Also shot and injured were Ogden police officers Shawn Grogan and Kasey Burrell, Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Nate Hutchinson and Roy police officer Jason VanderWarf.
Burrell, 33, remained hospitalized Monday.
The gunman, Matthew Stewart, 37, has been charged with capital murder for the shooting and death of Francom, seven counts of attempted aggravated murder and manufacturing a controlled substance, a charge connected to the suspected marijuana operation that brought officers to the Odgen home on Jan. 4.
— Hunter Schwarz
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 15
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9