OGDEN — One of two remaining Ogden police officers hospitalized was released Monday.
Officer Michael Rounkles was treated and released, according to McKay-Dee Hospital Center. In a statement, his family asked for privacy and "time to heal."
Rounkles, 29, a member of the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force, was shot in the leg Jan. 4 as a team of officers served a search warrant on a home at 3268 Jackson Ave. Ogden police officer Jared Francom was killed in the incident.
Also shot and injured were Ogden police officers Shawn Grogan and Kasey Burrell, Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Nate Hutchinson and Roy police officer Jason VanderWarf.
Burrell, 33, remained hospitalized Monday.
The gunman, Matthew Stewart, 37, has been charged with capital murder for the shooting and death of Francom, seven counts of attempted aggravated murder and manufacturing a controlled substance, a charge connected to the suspected marijuana operation that brought officers to the Odgen home on Jan. 4.
— Hunter Schwarz
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9