OGDEN — One of two remaining Ogden police officers hospitalized was released Monday.
Officer Michael Rounkles was treated and released, according to McKay-Dee Hospital Center. In a statement, his family asked for privacy and "time to heal."
Rounkles, 29, a member of the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force, was shot in the leg Jan. 4 as a team of officers served a search warrant on a home at 3268 Jackson Ave. Ogden police officer Jared Francom was killed in the incident.
Also shot and injured were Ogden police officers Shawn Grogan and Kasey Burrell, Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Nate Hutchinson and Roy police officer Jason VanderWarf.
Burrell, 33, remained hospitalized Monday.
The gunman, Matthew Stewart, 37, has been charged with capital murder for the shooting and death of Francom, seven counts of attempted aggravated murder and manufacturing a controlled substance, a charge connected to the suspected marijuana operation that brought officers to the Odgen home on Jan. 4.
— Hunter Schwarz
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9