Elise Amendola, Associated Press
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Tim Tebow will enter training camp as the Denver Broncos' starting quarterback for 2012.
The team sought to curb the circus that's sure to surround Tebow this offseason by declaring him the incumbent at a season-ending news conference Monday.
John Elway, a Hall of Famer who rejoined the team a year ago as chief of football operations, has pledged to work with Tebow this offseason to polish his passing game.
Tebow took over a 1-4 team in October and guided the Broncos to their first playoff berth since 2005. His 80-yard TD toss on the first play of overtime beat Pittsburgh in the wild-card round before the Broncos lost at New England Saturday.
Tebow is the Broncos' only quarterback under contract for 2012.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15