High school football: Lone Peak's Chase Hansen named a Parade All-American
Ravell Call, Deseret News
ALPINE — Parade magazine announced Saturday that Utah's player of the year, Chase Hansen, has been named to its 49th annual All-American high school football team. Hansen joins just 53 other top athletes whose on-the-field performance represents the very best of high school football, according to Parade.
In its press release, Parade states, "Founded in 1963, the Parade team has a legacy of recognizing outstanding athletes who have gone on to star on college and professional football fields. More than a dozen Parade All-Americans have won the Heisman Trophy. Some of them include: Matt Leinart, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Ron Dayne, Herschel Walker, Charles Woodson, Rashaan Salaam, Marcus Allen, Billy Sims, Tony Dorsett, Steve Spurrier and Mike Garrett."
"Other greats of the game who got their first national attention in Parade include: Emmitt Smith, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Elway and Earl Campbell. The 2011–2012 NFL boasts a number of Parade All-Americans, including Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos, Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez, Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans, Frank Gore from the San Francisco 49ers, and Julius Peppers from the Chicago Bears."
Hansen is a 6-foot-4, 210-pound quarterback prospect, who was named to Parade's team as an all-purpose player. Hansen committed to sign with Utah over this past summer, and led his Lone Peak team to the 5A state football championship.
"It's an amazing honor," said Hansen. "With so many great athletes around the country, I'm honored to be a part of that. I was just lucky to be part of a great team that accomplished a lot this past year."
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 113
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21