SEATTLE — Six players scored in double figures as Utah Valley University used a balanced effort to topple Seattle University, 84-74, on the road at KeyArena. It was the second win in as many games for the Wolverines (9-10) over the Redhawks after last Saturday's five-point win in Orem.
Isiah Williams finished with 19, Keith Thompson set a new career-high for the second straight game with 18 and Alfonzo Hubbard matched his high with 14 to lead UVU offensively.
Geddes Robinson hauled in 13 rebounds to go along with 11 points and Ben Aird added 12 points and nine boards and four blocks. Holton Hunsaker rounded out the scoring with 10 points along with six assists and three steals.
"We're getting better play from more people. It's as simple as that," said coach Dick Hunsaker. "We really competed hard, especially on the backboards and we were able to get out in transition and make some plays. Seattle's a team with a lot of personnel and athleticism and I thought we really handled their press well."
SLCC 94, COLORADO NORTHWESTERN 70: At Taylorsville, SLCC men's basketball team handed Colorado Northwestern a 94-70 defeat to earn its first conference win.
The SLCC (14-4, 1-2) bench was in command scoring 51 points led by Davis Emery and Stephane Manga with 11 points apiece, and Darian Cartharn chipped in 10.
DIXIE STATE 66, DOMINICAN 55: At St. George, nine days removed from its only Pacific West Conference loss this season, Dixie State College erased an eight-point halftime deficit and outscored the Dominican University Penguins 40-21 in the second half en route to a 66-55 victorious decision Friday night in front of a crowd of 3,781 inside the Burns Arena. Griffon Jones scored 14 of his game-high 17 points after intermission and Maurice Cole added 14 points for the Red Storm (9-4, 4-1 PWC).
SLCC 66, CNCC 46: At Taylorsville, The Salt Lake Community College women tallied their first conference win with a 20-point defeat of Colorado Northwestern. Guard Katie Walker led the team with seven assists and on the receiving end Sophia Hepworth scored a team high 18 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
DIXIE STATE 74, DOMINICAN 54: At St. George, Becca Thomas and Shanae Vaifanua each picked up double doubles in the Burns Arena. The Red Storm (9-4, 4-1 PWC) outscored the Penguins (1-14, 0-5 PWC) 45-24 in the second half to pick up the PacWest win and run their home conference-winning streak to 24 games.
BYU 3, UC IRVINE 0: At Irvine, Calif., Taking its talents on the road, the No. 2 BYU men's volleyball team defeated No. 1 UC Irvine in three sets (25-20, 25-21, 28-26) with some help from sophomore Taylor Sander and his career- high .727 hitting percentage. Sander led all players with 17 kills.
MISSOURI 195.525, SUU 193.300: The T-birds' loss snapped a five-meet home opening winning streak. SUU's Alyssa Click and Michaela Chernoch with totals 38.600 and 38.425 in the all-around, placing them second and third.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 61
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 40
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 30
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 24