Tony Gutierrez, Associated Press
DALLAS — Dirk Nowitzki went over 23,000 career points, Vince Carter had his highest-scoring game in Dallas and the Mavericks stretched their winning streak to four games with a 102-76 victory over Milwaukee on Friday night.
The defending NBA champion Mavericks (6-4) are finally on a roll after an 0-3 start.
Nowitzki became the 23rd NBA player with 23,000 points. He finished with 11 and his 23,008 career points are third among active players behind Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett.
Brandon Jennings scored 19 points for the Bucks (4-7), who were without 7-foot center Andrew Bogut (concussion-like symptoms).
Carter had 11 of his 16 points in the first 6½ minutes of the game.
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 146
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 29
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16